"Jacobra"
I'am kinda going for the subtle look. So Carbs and Headers sticking out the hood, are not quite what I had in mind. I'm sure when this thing rumbles in, shaking the ground as it rolls through, will raise plenty of eyebrows. Anyone who has ever heard a built BB Ford, with a good cam, and duals, knows exactly what I mean, as it commands a presence, few Small Block Chevy lovers have ever experienced.  I can see them peeing down their legs already. I can remember years ago when they heard my 71 Mach1, with the 500hp 351 Cleveland come into the parking lot. Within just a few minutes I was virtually the only car left, as all the Chevy boys had disappeared. 

JTS
                                Well another update, with Pics! As I said the next thing is the headers. So I started on the easy one first (passenger side). I know "chicken". Well you have to walk before you can run, and since I haven't ever done it before, I figured I'd hone my skills on the easy one. I patterned them after the Tri Y headers I've seen on Hot rods, and some sprint cars. They are made from 2" ID pipes from my buddy's salvage yard, I cut them in a bend, then ovaled the end of them to match the port hole, in the flange and Viola, head pipes. I cut the sides of the tubes open and siamesed them together. Took a 3" connector pipe and ovaled it, then slid over the end of the first 2 tubes. Did the same for the second set of tubes, and siamesed the 3" connectors together. Then took a 3' turn down, and fitted it to the roughly 3 inch opening, you can see the marks on the side of the turn down piece where I intend to piecut , the turn down to get it pointed backwards at the correct angle, as it points toward the ground right now. I did every thing in sections, and cleaned them up inside, and smoothed the edges etc. So there wouldn't be any sharp edges to disrupt flow. As that's the Idea of headers, to improve the flow. Well if you look at the pics of the inside of them, you will see they are quite wide open, and a heck of a lot bigger and more open, then the best cast iron Ford manifold by a long shot. Now I hope they work as good as they look. The welds aren't that great looking some spots welded nicely, and others???? Not so much. I think not cleaning the metal had a lot to do with it. I may have to clean them up, and have them ceramic coated. For now they will do nicely. And so far I've got $27.00 invested plus a ton of time. But hey my times free to me, Right?  Confused

JTS

Just some finish welding to do around the flanges etc. I was just so wore out I gave up for the night.
Wow, you're getting the short headers built!  I was wondering about that.  Those should work just fine.
WOW...very impressive JTS!  They look really really good.  You made a believer out of me once again!  Man, I wish we were neighbors. I would have enjoyed watching you do this. I could have learned something!
Thanks guys I'm stoked to be getting things done. I've had so many things (life) get in the way. So any progress is welcome. I don't quite like the way the Turn down fits, and I'm working on adding a piece to drop it down, and change the angle, to  smooth the radius at the rear, to help the flow of the rear most set of tubes. This should also help the fit, and allow the starter to be dropped without removing the header. Thanks Guys. Someday is getting closer.  Cool

JTS

Yeah being neighbors would be great. I'm pretty much a one man show, I don't have a lot of friends, and sure as heck not any that are interested in Cars, or building them. I'm not really a loner, I just never have found the right person to hang with. Or if I do they live 100 plus miles away. Oh Well.
Looking great.
                                Hey Guy's I've been working on the "Headers" some more, and I'm just about finished, constructing them. Then I'll have to clean them up, all the gaps, rough edges, excess weld, etc. I've added a piece into the "First" header to allow the collector to transition a little smoother, clear the starter better, and make it point the right direction. The second one the drivers side, has been a whole lot more of a challenge, as the steering shaft has got to go in between, the front two head pipes, and the rear two head pipes. Trying to get the rear two pipes into the area before the collector was a definite challenge, and it's cut up in several different places. Which will have to be welded shut, and may require some patch pieces to fill the larger gaps. But Damn they fit !!! They will even clear the Jaguar steering shaft, even with it's goofy looking U joint. So at this point I'm in the home stretch with the headers, man I tickled.  Thumbup  Just some cleanup, and finish welding. Then on to the dash, and wiring! YES YES YES !!!!

JTS

PS A couple pics are the first header PS. with the pie cut added. The rest are the DS. header, You can see how they are split, two pipes one way, and two pipes the other way. 
Amazing, you did it!  I bet you are glad this part of project is almost behind you.  Great work!
Hey Mike I'm not sure I would say great work, as they are Ugly! It will take a lot of cleanup on the insides of the drivers side header to make it as smooth as possible inside. Unfortunately the outside is probably gonna remain Ugly. I may use some of that "header wrap" to conceal the Ugly! Has anybody used it? I've been a little leary of it, as it looks like it could shift, and get loose, and then end up, waded up at the bottom of the pipe??? Which wouldn't do any good, nor would it hide the Ugly!   Laughing   And yes I'm really glad this part is all but finished. It was probably one of the hardest things that needed done. But it fits! I'll post a couple more pics once I get it put on, with the steering shaft in place. I just ran out of steam last night. 

JTS
Hey JTS,

I wouldn't get to wrapped up with appearance.  I think they look pretty good. Generally most of the header is tucked down in the engine compartment anyway.  Considering you can't purchase the headers for this car configuration off the shelf I would say you did an excellent job.  Heck, I don't think I would have been able to come close to accomplishing what you did.  In regards to "header wrap" I personally never used it but you can always give it a try. If you wrap them good before you put the headers on I don't think they will unwrap.

Please post more pics...need some more traffic on the site!