Mach 1 Club
Holley rebuild kit - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mustang Mach 1 Garage (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+--- Forum: Engines & Performance (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=176)
+--- Thread: Holley rebuild kit (/showthread.php?tid=7200)

Holley rebuild kit - Limeyboy - 04-15-2021

I want to get a rebuild kit for my 4bbl Holley, it's a C9AF-9510U  List 4609  used on 427 and 428 engines.
Any idea of a part number and where to get one?

Also I took the thermostat out the other day and cleaned it and put it back ( the car doesn't overheat or anything just changing the fluid) and then read about the "special Cleveland one"  Huh  again any part number and supplier?

Thanks
Jeff

RE: Holley rebuild kit - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-16-2021

Holley has a great website, just type in Holley on Google search. As far as the Cleveland Tstat issue go to the search bar top right corner of the page and type in Cleveland T stat there are several articles on here about it. 

Hope it helps 

JTS

RE: Holley rebuild kit - Limeyboy - 04-20-2021

(04-16-2021, 11:45 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Holley has a great website, just type in Holley on Google search. As far as the Cleveland Tstat issue go to the search bar top right corner of the page and type in Cleveland T stat there are several articles on here about it. 

Hope it helps 

JTS

It looks like the carb comes under the 4150 / 4160 group, some places put it under both!

I've managed to get in touch with a PO who bought it from the original owner who worked at a ford / lincoln dealer, the 4* heads were "Pantera Ford parts" fitted at the dealership!
I've got a lot of questions for him  Wink

RE: Holley rebuild kit - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-21-2021

Good deal finding some info from the previous owner. That's always a good way to learn more about your car. I've got a bit of a spoiler for you the Heads marked 4* are simply 4 barrel Cleveland Heads. They were not specific to the Pantera, all Cleveland 4 barrel engines came with the same mark, no matter what they came in.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Confused

JTS

RE: Holley rebuild kit - Limeyboy - 04-22-2021

(04-21-2021, 07:27 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Good deal finding some info from the previous owner. That's always a good way to learn more about your car. I've got a bit of a spoiler for you the Heads marked 4* are simply 4 barrel Cleveland Heads. They were not specific to the Pantera, all Cleveland 4 barrel engines came with the same mark, no matter what they came in.  Sorry to burst your bubble.  Confused

JTS

The only reason I mentioned the Pantera bit was because the PO worked at a dealership so I assume had some reason to mention it ( were De Thomoso's sold through Lincoln dealers?) what I have not found out yet is if the camshaft was changed or not as the engine seems to be a bit of a collection of parts.

As I have very little experience of auto's ( a Ford Capri in the 1980's) can you explain what the "Motorcraft shift kit" actually does?
It changes very smoothly for a box of that age and as yet an undetermined mileage.

RE: Holley rebuild kit - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-22-2021

Not a 100 percent sure, but I believe you are correct that Panteras were sold primarily through Lincoln Mercury dealers. The De Thomoso. was simply the highest level of the Pantera. I believe they were Aluminum Bodied instead of the standard steel, and the engine as I remember, was a ultra Hi Performance version of the 351 Cleveland with 650 Hp. It's been a very long time since I've read or seen any articles on a Pantera so the memory may be a little fuzzy. 

I've never heard of a "Motorcraft" shift kit. I believe it would simply be a shift kit that was of the Motorcraft brand. In other words a shift kit, is a shift kit. The brand doesn't have anything to do with what the shift kit does. It's simply the brand. Now as to what it does. It is primarily a shift enhancement kit, that when installed will make a automatic trans shift quicker, and firmer which makes the trans much more responsive, and can actually help extend the life of the trans. That is unless you drive it on the drag strip everyday. Hope it helps. 

JTS