Mach 1 Club
I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car (/showthread.php?tid=7185)

I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - haroldmann - 03-20-2021

Hi all, my first post so I might as well make it about looking for a nice car.  My name is Andy and I live in Wilmington North Carolina.  I would love to find a 1969 Mach 1 428 SCJ R code car in Wimbledon White for sale.  I've never owned a muscle car before so why not go big!   Cool

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - JTS71 Mach1 - 03-21-2021

SSig_welcome4 Good Luck! You and everybody else would like to find one of them, LOL! All Joking aside, I'd use the heck out of the internet. There should be tons of sites Barret Jackson, Edmunds, Auto Trader Classics, etc. Come to mind, and the list goes on, and on. It should be staggering. All I can say is I hope you have the pocket book for it, as they ain't gonna be cheap! and if they are cheap, there probably won't be a lot left to work with. As I said, Good Luck. Once again, Welcome to the site lots of good people, and info. There were a couple guys on here in the last six months that had bought similar cars to what you're looking for. If you look back threw the posts you should be able to find them without much trouble. Maybe you could send them a message, and they could give you some Ideas?    Cool

JTS

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - haroldmann - 03-21-2021

(03-21-2021, 12:31 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: SSig_welcome4 Good Luck! You and everybody else would like to find one of them, LOL! All Joking aside, I'd use the heck out of the internet. There should be tons of sites Barret Jackson, Edmunds, Auto Trader Classics, etc. Come to mind, and the list goes on, and on. It should be staggering. All I can say is I hope you have the pocket book for it, as they ain't gonna be cheap! and if they are cheap, there probably won't be a lot left to work with. As I said, Good Luck. Once again, Welcome to the site lots of good people, and info. There were a couple guys on here in the last six months that had bought similar cars to what you're looking for. If you look back threw the posts you should be able to find them without much trouble. Maybe you could send them a message, and they could give you some Ideas?    Cool

JTS

Thanks for the encouragement.  The more I look at the cars the more I like all the different colors out there.  Black is probably the only color I would rule out.   I have a $100k budget I'm working with.  Maybe a smidge more for the perfect car for me.  Just trying to absorb as much info as possible right now as I look.  I'm trying to be patient and wait for the right car.  Hard when you want something right now, lol

Thanks
Andy

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - JTS71 Mach1 - 03-21-2021

Well 100K should be a workable budget I would think. You'll want to see pictures, of it during the restoration, and it would be a Damn good idea to have someone, a bodyman, mechanic, etc. Who has knowledge as to what to look for. As there are a lot of crooks out there that will dress up a "standard" Mustang, to look like the car you're describing. You need to learn how to read the VIN code, and make sure it matches. There is the main one in the lower left corner of the windshield, usually in the drivers door jamb, one under the top edge of the drivers fender, (can only be seen with the fender off) A competent restorer would take a picture of the VIN number under the fender during the restoration. I've even seen the VIN on the radiator core support.  Many people have paid big Money for a car only to find out they have been duped / lied to, and have a worth-less made up "Clone" instead of the real deal. Sadcry  So "Caveat Emptor" or let the buyer beware! Mind you there is nothing wrong with a "Clone" if that's what you paid for. But they should be many Thousands of dollars less the a "Real One"

Hope it helps, Good Luck. Cool

JTS

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - haroldmann - 04-11-2021

Being a noob and after reading a ton of info on these cars, I realized that I didn't really want a Super Cobra Jet.  I just wanted a Cobra Jet car with the shaker hood.  So I just bought this baby!

[attachment=13253]

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-11-2021

Cool Looks to be a very nice purchase. More pics and more details, Please. But it looks like you found a well done example. Good Luck. 

JTS

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - haroldmann - 04-12-2021

(04-11-2021, 11:34 PM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Cool Looks to be a very nice purchase. More pics and more details, Please. But it looks like you found a well done example. Good Luck. 

JTS

Here are a few pics.  This car was originally Aztec Aqua and had a black interior.  Now it's Acapulco Blue with a white interior. 

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-12-2021

Now there's no doubt you got a great ride! Jump on that Mustang, and Ride!!! Absolutely Beautiful.  Cool  Curious how close did it come to your $100,000. Budget?

JTS

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - haroldmann - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 04:23 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Now there's no doubt you got a great ride! Jump on that Mustang, and Ride!!! Absolutely Beautiful.  Cool  Curious how close did it come to your $100,000. Budget?

JTS

I paid $100,000 for this car.  450 miles since a rotisserie restoration.    That said I bought it with Bitcoin that I've been holding since 2013.  So the car actually cost me $450.   Laughing

RE: I want to buy a 69 Mach 1 R code 428SCJ car - JTS71 Mach1 - 04-12-2021

Yowzah! That's unreal. But Cool  Cool  I never got into Bitcoin, and what it was all about. But it seems to have worked for you. 

JTS