Mach 1 Club
New user - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New user (/showthread.php?tid=6694)

Pages: 1 2

New user - Jackwabbit703 - 03-01-2018

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and I am the owner of 2003 Mach 1 with Aluminator motor which was featured in Mustang Ford Magazine. I'm glad to be here and I am native Northern Virginian. I found this website to be helpful already in some of the work I need to perform on my car this weekend. Thanks for having me.

Doug

RE: New user - JTS71 Mach1 - 03-01-2018

DAMN Nice Ride!!! Welcome, good to have some new blood, especially with an 03" Cobra!  Looks like you enjoy it quite a bit. Jump in and give us some details, as it looks "Hot" form here! 
PS> Is the 8.29 in the 1/4, or the 1/8. I'm guessing the 1/8.

JTS

RE: New user - Jackwabbit703 - 03-01-2018

(03-01-2018, 08:08 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: DAMN Nice Ride!!! Welcome, good to have some new blood, especially with an 03" Cobra!  Looks like you enjoy it quite a bit. Jump in and give us some details, as it looks "Hot" form here! 
PS> Is the 8.29 in the 1/4, or the 1/8. I'm guessing the 1/8.

JTS

Thank you for welcoming me. Car did 12.48 in a quarter all motor. It has a 200 shot spray now but have not ran it at the track with the spray. Will update complete details later.

RE: New user - JTS71 Mach1 - 03-01-2018

Not Bad at all lo 12's in the quarter are definitely nothing to sneeze at. Will wait anxiously for the rest of the details. 

JTS

RE: New user - Mustangmike - 03-01-2018

Welcome to the site Doug!  I like what you have done to the car and it's nice to see a Mach 1 set up for racing.  Besides the Aluminator motor and 200 shot spray what other modifications have you done?  I assume you are not running factory gears.

Out of curiosity do you happen to have the link to the Mustang Ford Magazine?

Mike

RE: New user - 1969_Mach1 - 03-02-2018

I'm not at all familiar with modern muscle cars.  Did that car come with an all aluminum modular motor or did you replace the original motor?

RE: New user - Jackwabbit703 - 03-04-2018

[attachment=12413][attachment=12414]
(03-01-2018, 09:46 PM)Mustangmike Wrote: Welcome to the site Doug!  I like what you have done to the car and it's nice to see a Mach 1 set up for racing.  Besides the Aluminator motor and 200 shot spray what other modifications have you done?  I assume you are not running factory gears.

Out of curiosity do you happen to have the link to the Mustang Ford Magazine?

Mike

Sorry for being late. Working during day and fiddling with cars at night.

Here's the mod list:

4.6 4V Ford Racing Aluminator motor (Aftermarket) - Forged crank, manley pistons, manley rods, 2003 Cobra heads, valve and cams
MSD COP coils
NGK BR7EF plugs
CL Cold air intake, 80mm
Steeda under drive pulley set
Aluminum flywheel, drive shaft
4.30 Gears
TR3650
Centerforce dual friction clutch
MGW Shifter
Pacesetter full length headers, O/R Xpipe, Flowmaster dual
Autometer Pro Comp, play back tachometer
Trans lock ready
NX Express nitrous kit with MSD window switch
MM 6 point cage
MM full subframe connectors
Underside powerdercoated
URP tublar Kmember with coilovers (150lb springs)
UPR Caster Camber plates
Grant steering wheel
Steeda bumpsteer kit
AEM Wideband
Corbeau Forza seats
Sound deadening removal
Fully dynomatted
Upgraded aluminum fuel line
Drag bags
CHE Performance Shock tower brace
CHE Axel brace
Strange 31 spline axels
Billet Specialty Forged aluminum wheels (17x11, 17x7)

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

RE: New user - JTS71 Mach1 - 03-04-2018

You have definitely put some serious effort into it. Looks like it should do a lot better then Mid 12's, especially when you hit the "button". I especially like the 281 badge on the Shaker! thats slick. Don't have to much fun with it. LOL!  Thumbup

JTS

RE: New user - Jackwabbit703 - 03-04-2018

(03-04-2018, 12:19 PM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: You have definitely put some serious effort into it. Looks like it should do a lot better then Mid 12's, especially when you hit the "button". I especially like the 281 badge on the Shaker! thats slick. Don't have to much fun with it. LOL!  Thumbup

JTS

Thanks JTS. She should run under 11 with 200 shot with 335 drags. Seems like most of the Mach1 members are first and second gen Mustangs here. Filling bottle gets old. I’m going Cog F1 procharger this winter. There so many beautiful mach1here. It’s eye candy of a forum.

RE: New user - Mustangmike - 03-05-2018

Doug,

Thanks for the sharing the mods.  I have always been a fan of the Centerforce dual friction clutches.  I am also running one in my Mustang.   Out of curiosity, is the car strictly strip or is it registered to drive on the street as well?

I am not all that familiar with the 4.6L Aluminator motors but it looks like they came in 8.5.1 and 10.1 compression ratios.  Do you have the 10.1 and what kind of HP is it producing?    Based on what I see online with the 4.6L Aluminator  it looks like Ford like no longer continues the 4.6L block.  Is this true?

Second, you mentioned the underside of the car is powder coated. I would be curious to know how that was done. I had parts powder coated before but not the underside of a car. Does the car go into an oven??

Mike