Mach 1 Club
1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mustang Mach 1 Forums (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: 1969 - 1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 FORUMS (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: General Discussion (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+---- Thread: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation (/showthread.php?tid=6641)

1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - Juju02 - 12-08-2017

Hello I was wondering can someone explain to me the Fender VIN # vs the windshield and door jam VIN# are they suppose to match? The windshield and the door do match while the last six digits on the fender do and the rest doesn't......

Huh Huh

RE: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - JTS71 Mach1 - 12-08-2017

Thats very strange, as the last six are supposed to be the sequential number of the chassis. The letters and numbers before that denote things about where the car was built, Detroit, San Jose, etc. Body style, coupe, fast back, or Mach1.  Engine code, trans code, and axle code. And for what i know they all should match ??? I can't believe you could get the correct last six and the ones in front don't ???  I hope someone here knows a little more then I do. Maybe I've missed something. Somebody else will chime in real soon and maybe they can shed some light on this. 

JTS

RE: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - Juju02 - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 01:04 PM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Thats very strange, as the lat six are supposed to be the sequential number of the chassis. The letters and numbers before that denote things about where the car was built, Detroit, San Jose, etc. Body style, coupe, fast back, or Mach1.  Engine code, trans code, and axle code. And for what i know they all should match ??? I can't believe you could get the correct last six and the ones in front don't ???  I hope someone here knows a little more then I do. Maybe I've missed something. Somebody else will chime in real soon and maybe they can shed some light on this. 

JTS

JTS71 Mach1 I hear ya I also felt this was strange the number on the fender is *1T119581* and the window and jam are 0T05H119581 are there other locations I should be looking for?

RE: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - JTS71 Mach1 - 12-09-2017

Ok, Lets clarify something as you are talking about the Fender VIN. This is the one under the left DS. Fender and the way you read it is to remove the fender correct??? The other curious thing is that the The fender vin you give doesn't have enough numbers in it??? I believe there should be some more numbers between the "T" and the sequential numbers (like the O5H in the other vin). Another curious thing is that the 1 in front Denotes 1971 on the other Vin it is a 0 denoting 1970. There are no real similarities in a 71 and a 70 Mustang and most surely, no interchangeable body parts??? So something's screwy??? Man I 'm just full of more questions then help? Have you got a Police Officer Friend that can check the Vin for you. I've had this done several times, and it kept me from buying a stolen car once. Could be food for thought. Hope it helps.

JTS

RE: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - Juju02 - 05-11-2018

(12-09-2017, 08:11 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Ok, Lets clarify something as you are talking about the Fender VIN. This is the one under the left DS. Fender and the way you read it is to remove the fender correct??? The other curious thing is that the The fender vin you give doesn't have enough numbers in it??? I believe there should be some more numbers between the "T" and the sequential numbers (like the O5H in the other vin). Another curious thing is that the 1 in front Denotes 1971 on the other Vin it is a 0 denoting 1970. There are no real similarities in a 71 and a 70 Mustang and most surely, no interchangeable body parts??? So something's screwy??? Man I 'm just full of more questions then help? Have you got a Police Officer Friend that can check the Vin for you. I've had this done several times, and it kept me from buying a stolen car once. Could be food for thought. Hope it helps.

JTS

JTS71 Mach1 I know trust me its totally bazaar. I dont have any police friends so I can not go that route. I have read a few places online that Ford did have some screwy Fender VIN#s if someone could send me actual pictures of their 1970 Mach 1 VINs that would be great and make me feel a hell of alot better about this. I dont think you can have a 71 Fender VIN??? Any answers to this mystery would be great i might have to bite the bullet and get a Marti report

RE: 1970 Mach 1 Fender VIN explanation - JTS71 Mach1 - 05-11-2018

Man you're still fighting this? A Marti report will tell you what the car "should" be. and it will make clear, what does, or doesn't match. You may not like what you find???

JTS