Mach 1 Club
Floods and Storms - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: PIT ROW LOUNGE (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Floods and Storms (/showthread.php?tid=6592)

Floods and Storms - Mach1FatherFigure - 09-12-2017

Are you guys doing OK? I believe some of you are in the way of the dreadful weather.

RE: Floods and Storms - JTS71 Mach1 - 09-12-2017

I'm not in the middle of it all . Thank God, in Arkansas about all we have to really fear are Tornadoes. I have a friend who lives in Deltona Florida about 50 miles north of Orlando. I heard from him this morning, and other then some tree limbs, and out building damage. He said all seems to have faired pretty well. Oh they are without power, but he's an Electrician, and has a generator and about 50 gallons of gas to keep it going for quite a while. So maybe he won't have to rough it to long.
JTS

RE: Floods and Storms - Mach1FatherFigure - 09-14-2017

I realise there is not much I can do from here but as there has not been loads of replies I guess most of you are OK.
That is good news.

RE: Floods and Storms - JTS71 Mach1 - 09-14-2017

Kinda like, No news is good news. JTS

RE: Floods and Storms - Dave R. - 09-14-2017

My son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandkids live in Oviedo, a eastern suburb of Orlando. The rode out the storm, against my judgement, but all is ok. They never lost power and had 2 shingles damaged as well as 3 screen sections of the pool enclosure ripped. Thanks for thinking of those in the storm path. Dave R.

RE: Floods and Storms - JTS71 Mach1 - 09-15-2017

Yeah I know where Oveida is Glad to hear they made it ok. I lived in the Orlando area back in the early 90's. Altemonte Springs, Winter Garden, and then Sanford. Thats how I got my friend in Deltona we used to be neighbors in Sanford.
JTS

RE: Floods and Storms - Dave R. - 09-18-2017

(09-15-2017, 10:35 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Yeah I know where Oveida is Glad to hear they made it ok. I lived in the Orlando area back in the early 90's. Altemonte Springs, Winter Garden, and then Sanford. Thats how I got my friend in Deltona we used to be neighbors in Sanford.
JTS

Sharon and I spent Labor Day weekend with the Oviedo gang. Nice area with highly rated school system. Jesus. Is Orlando a traffic nightmare or what? Huge highway project going on. And the toll roads. I got a e-pass this trip as we seem to make a couple of trips a year to visit there. Dave R.

RE: Floods and Storms - JTS71 Mach1 - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 01:45 AM)Dave R. Wrote:
(09-15-2017, 10:35 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Yeah I know where Oveida is Glad to hear they made it ok. I lived in the Orlando area back in the early 90's. Altemonte Springs, Winter Garden, and then Sanford. Thats how I got my friend in Deltona we used to be neighbors in Sanford.
JTS

Sharon and I spent Labor Day weekend with the Oviedo gang. Nice area with highly rated school system. Jesus. Is Orlando a traffic nightmare or what? Huge highway project going on. And the toll roads. I got a e-pass this trip as we seem to make a couple of trips a year to visit there. Dave R.

Yeah I remember the traffic was lousy when I lived there, and to Think I drove a Truck in it daily. We called I-4 and the Kissimee area Malfunction junction. We went there about 7 years ago for a vacation and it was way worse, the only thing that helped was I still knew all the short cuts in, and around Orlando. So it helped a lot getting to things, without having to follow the tourists. Back in the 90's the only toll road was the BEE Line Expressway. Now they've added several others. It Sucked!
JTS