Mach 1 Club
new member - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: new member (/showthread.php?tid=6337)

Pages: 1 2

new member - metalmad - 07-06-2015

Hi All
I live in outback Australia and recently picked up a incomplete 72 fastback in very poor condition. Its left hand drive and needs a lot of work but the original 351 Clevo and C4 seem ok!
Pete

RE: new member - ohiomustang - 07-06-2015

Welcome from Ohio
Don

RE: new member - Mustangmike - 07-07-2015

Welcome to the site Pete. I am not sure I have ever seen a left hand drive Mach 1 but I am confident I have seen plenty in poor condition! Will you be dong the restoration yourself?

RE: new member - JTS71 Mach1 - 07-07-2015

Welcome Pete I wonder how you found a left hand drive over there? Well It might take some getting used to. Mustang Mike I can see the wheels are turning, all Mustang's are left hand drive, where we come from! It's ok we all slip from time to time. 578254 Welcome Pete and jump in anytime lots of info and good people. Are you going to restore it, or make her your own? JTS 71 Mach1

RE: new member - Oztrailer - 07-07-2015

Wasn't this one was it? Big job ahead if it is................. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1972-MUSTANG-MACH-1-FASTBACK-/151671110148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item23504d7a04&nma=true&si=Dx4CR6FNycrMlJLh7goBPcqPz24%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

RE: new member - Mustangmike - 07-07-2015

(07-07-2015, 12:34 PM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Welcome Pete I wonder how you found a left hand drive over there? Well It might take some getting used to. Mustang Mike I can see the wheels are turning, all Mustang's are left hand drive, where we come from! It's ok we all slip from time to time. 578254 Welcome Pete and jump in anytime lots of info and good people. Are you going to restore it, or make her your own? JTS 71 Mach1

What was I thinking 578254 As soon as I heard, left hand drive, I assumed it was on the opposite side. Now I question myself as to whether my car is put together correctly...left right, right left!
(07-07-2015, 03:51 AM)Mustangmike Wrote: Welcome to the site Pete. I am not sure I have ever seen a left hand drive Mach 1 but I am confident I have seen plenty in poor condition! Will you be dong the restoration yourself?

Okay...let me correct myself. I have seen plenty of left hand drive Mach 1's in poor condition but never seen a right hand drive!

RE: new member - Steven Harris - 07-08-2015

Welcome Pete.

Great to have you here with us!

Steve O has already chimed in and we also have quite a few more of your fellow countrymen that will be along shortly.

We will be anxiously awaiting more information on you and your car. We are here to help as we can with information and ideas.

Enjoy the site.

By the way Mike - I sat in Peter Winn's Mach 1 which is being converted to RHD. .

RE: new member - Mach1FatherFigure - 07-08-2015

Hi Pete, Shame your bio does not tell us/me where you are. Its no secret I'm in Perth with the daughter's '70 (LHD). Hers is 351c with the FMX and 83/4 dif, San Jose built. Oh yeah, welcome!

RE: new member - metalmad - 07-08-2015

(07-07-2015, 06:36 PM)Oztrailer Wrote: Wasn't this one was it? Big job ahead if it is....

I'm afraid my car makes that one look good Blush
Anyway Hi Guys and Thanks for the great welcome.
I live in Yarraman Queensland and will probably post the odd pic as I go about building her.
I have already made a bit of a blue and bought what turns out to be a 73 mach 1 front bumper not a 72 and will not fit my grill Cry
that little error is what brought me to you guys New
Pete

RE: new member - Oztrailer - 07-08-2015

Hey M1FF he is closer to me than he is to you Icon_tongue

Pete I am down in the Lockyer Valley if you are ever down this way. At least I know where I can find a front bumper if I ever need one.