Mach 1 Club
HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mustang Mach 1 Forums (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: 1969 - 1970 MUSTANG MACH 1 FORUMS (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Forum: Body - Paint - Detailing (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! (/showthread.php?tid=3995)

Pages: 1 2

HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - FantasticMach - 11-17-2011

My '69 Mach is ready for paint (again) and they are asking about stripes. The car is Gulfstream Aqua. The interior was originally black. I had thoughts about switching out to a white interior but the parts are just too hard to find, so I'm sticking to the original.

I have long believed that the stripe on the seats was meant to match the stripe on the car. ie. Cars with Red stripes got the red seat stripe. I know... not a fact but it should have been!!

Anyways, I thought my selection was limited to:
Red/gold (not good for a Gulfstream Aqua car IMHO);
Gold/white, or;
Black/gold

The boys at Laurel Mountain Mustang just told me they can give me any color I want (?) and customize it however I want. Well now I have too much choice and this is a biggie!

I think black because there is lots of other black on the car. but the gold secondary seems to stand out cause there isn't any other gold on the car. Perhaps black with the secondary color cut out? Or maybe Black/Silver?

Please throw in your thoughts and include photo examples where possible. (Photoshop may be called for?)

Fantastic!!

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Robertb40 - 11-17-2011

I would personally go with Black and loose the secondary color. Just my opinon. Hope this helps.

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Mach 1 Club - 11-17-2011

Can you do black with matching gold stitching?

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Rare Pony - 11-17-2011

I thinke the gold/white stripe looks good on the gulfstream/aqua, but that appears to be the common combination.

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - bob.harlan - 11-17-2011

For a 69 Mach 1 with black interior the original strip on the seats was red as was the insert in the carpet.

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - FantasticMach - 11-17-2011

(11-17-2011, 03:18 PM)bob.harlan Wrote: For a 69 Mach 1 with black interior the original strip on the seats was red as was the insert in the carpet.

Yes, I 100% agree that this is true. If I had been the guy in charge of interiors back then, I would have made the seat and carpet color insert (the red stripe) color coordinated with the side stripe on the car. I might have even tried to have that color indicate the engine size.

Back to my '69 Mach and the color choices available, I am considering black with a chrome background (instead of the gold) as this will match the rest of the car. I think I have to do some photoshop work to see how this will actually look prior to putting it on the car.

Fantastic

[attachment=6758]

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Copperace - 11-18-2011

I guess I am confused about whether you are asking for advice for the stripe on the seat or the stripe on the body of the car...
If the seat, leave it stock red...if the body..black w/o the gold.

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Bine_and_Harry - 11-18-2011

Hello,

to confuse you a little more, here are pictures of our car with gold/white Stripes
[attachment=6755]

and of our little one with black/gold stripes.
[attachment=6756]

I think both look good on gulfstream aqua.

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Copperace - 11-18-2011

(11-18-2011, 06:23 AM)Bine_and_Harry Wrote: Hello,

to confuse you a little more, here are pictures of our car with gold/white Stripes

and of our little one with black/gold stripes.

I think both look good on gulfstream aqua.
I think you would be hard pressed to mess it up with whatever you decide to put on it. When you say "little" one. Was that a diecast? or something else....?

RE: HELP!! Gotta pick the stripe color on my '69 Mach!! - Bine_and_Harry - 11-18-2011

Yes it`s a ertl collection diecast 1:18.