Mach 1 Club
TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: MEMBER IMPORTANT READ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+--- Thread: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! (/showthread.php?tid=2898)

Pages: 1 2 3

TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Mach 1 Club - 05-06-2011

I have been contacted by CodeMasters. In case people don't know CodeMasters makes some of the best racing games period for PC. Race Driver GRiD is one of the best racing games Ive ever played.

Here is the email. Obviously you need a Twister Special. I dont know if this is 100% legit, but Im figuring there are so few Twisters it is possible that someone like this would approach Mach1Club for something like this. This just seems to specific to be a scam, and Im very familiar with their games.

My name is April Huang and I work for Codemasters Software Ltd in the United Kingdom. We are a computer games company that has developed several popular car racing games, such as Dirt, Dirt 2, F1 2010 and soon Dirt 3 and F1 2011. Our racing studio is currently developing a new racing game to follow the success of our former racing title Race Driver GRiD. In our new game we thought our audience of gamers would love to experience driving certain selected vehicles and a 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Special is definitely the one we would like to include in our game. In order to achieve the high quality we want, we will need some detailed photography for our artists to recreate it authentically in our game. I am wondering if you know anyone who might be interested in giving us an opportunity to photograph the car in details, if so can you please pass my contact details to them? Thank you.

With kind regards

April

April Huang | In Game Researcher | Codemasters Software Co. Ltd
Codemasters Campus, Stoneythorpe, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 2DL
Tel: (0)1926 816000 | Fax: 44 (0)(0)1926 817595
CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT EMAIL ADDRESS I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THIS LADIES EMAIL ONLINE FOR SPAMMERS TO SNAG!
www.codemasters.com

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Steven Harris - 05-06-2011

I guess I will ask the obvious: did you PM Ronald (Dutch-Twister) to see if he was interested? http://mach1club.com/showthread.php?tid=230 They are even on the same side of the globe so that should work out nicely.

Ronald, if you pass by this thread - super nice car!

[attachment=4399]

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Mach 1 Club - 05-06-2011

Update!

It seems as if this is a real request from the UK! I think this is just awesome! Jam Rockxtreme Winner

Anyway, I called Codemasters in California, which actually just switches you to the UK, it was SIX hours later there, and validated that this lady April does work for CodeMasters and she is also in charge of merchandising! I was transferred to her voicemail so hopefully she will call me soon, Ill update when I talk to her.
I also have a friend in my club here that has one as well. I think they are looking for super high quality concours. Ive played there games and the cars are usually insanely nice.

So if you got a Twister Special your value just went up, since now not only do you have a rare car to begin with but now could also be shown as the actual car used in a CodeMaster game, that's pretty big time! CodeMasters is like Electronic Arts, for gamers these are the echelon companies of the gaming industry.

That is just awesome!
Bow

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Rare Pony - 05-06-2011

I hope they find one; I'll have to check out the new game!

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Mach 1 Club - 05-06-2011

If you haven't already played Race Driver Grid, your missing out!
I also sent Dutch-Twister a private message.

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Klutch - 05-07-2011

Hey, this is pretty cool. I've never seen a Mach 1 Twister Special before. Based on the above picture, it's pretty slick. I've seen Twister fastback cars come up for sale, but never a Mach 1 Twister.

Here in Colorado, I occasionally see the High Country Special Mustangs. Boy, it's too bad they didn't make a convertible High Country Special. I've kicked around the idea of building my own High Country Special Tribute car someday; just for fun. I'm pretty sure re-pop parts are available to build such a car.

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Mach 1 Club - 05-07-2011

(05-07-2011, 04:07 AM)Klutch Wrote: Hey, this is pretty cool. I've never seen a Mach 1 Twister Special before. Based on the above picture, it's pretty slick. I've seen Twister fastback cars come up for sale, but never a Mach 1 Twister.

Here in Colorado, I occasionally see the High Country Special Mustangs. Boy, it's too bad they didn't make a convertible High Country Special. I've kicked around the idea of building my own High Country Special Tribute car someday; just for fun. I'm pretty sure re-pop parts are available to build such a car.

My buddy has one, its pretty cool. I like the tornado emblem. Nice seeing you sticking around Klutch!
Trying to figure out how to keep members coming here, any suggestions I'm all ears.

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Mach 1 Club - 05-12-2011

This is legit. Ive spoken to April and they are definitely seeking a Twister!
I emailed the guy on the site here and he has not responded.
Now I'm trying to contact the guy in my club that has one.

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - Klutch - 05-12-2011

Quote: Nice seeing you sticking around Klutch! Trying to figure out how to keep members coming here, any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks for having me. If I ever get a project car, I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot from me.

One suggestion I have is to configure the forum software to automically set the "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" by default. I often forget to check that button. Then I don't get an email when somebody else posts to a thread I'm interested in. If someone doesn't want to receive email notification, they could always make the effort to turn it off.

If you could make this change, I think it might generate some more traffic. Unfortunately, there are a lot of Mustang forums on the 'net which already have a large following. I suspect people are drawn to those based on sheer numbers. But I really like your site.

RE: TWISTER SPECIAL WANTED! - 1970Twister - 05-12-2011

I would let them use my Twister but it's not together right now!Cry
I have just started the restoration.