Subframe Connectors?
Has anyone added sub frame connectors to their 71-73 Mustang?

Any suggestions? Did it make it to stiff?

I'm going to add the Monte Carlo bar first but I was thinking sub frame connectors would be a good idea as well?

Monte Carlo Bar
[Image: C5ZZ-16A052-ARB.jpg]
Each of my posts is a sincere attempt to correlate & compound the collective knowledge of this community for the benefit of myself & all Mach1 owners who read these pages today, and in the future!
Welcome all Mach1 enthusiasts were glad your here! Jump on in and spread all the knowledge you can.Rockxtreme

Current Vehicles:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 5.0
2013 Shelby GT500 SVT 20th Anniversary Edition
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R
1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Sell your Mustang or Mustang Parts free!
   [Image: sellmymustang.JPG]

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby
My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks!

Phoenix Arizona
[Image: USA.gif]  [Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
MY CURRENT MUSTANGS
updating

They will really help tie your car together. Personally its not something I would ever add to my Mach but I also love my 4 wheel drum brakes LOL My 04 Mach has factory ones that I have been told are basically decorations.
1970 Mustang Mach 1 351 4V 4-Speed Calypso Coral Purchased Aug 13th 98
2004 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC 5-Speed Competition Orange Purchased Sept 24th 08
2012 Mustang Boss 302 5.0 DOHC 6-Speed Race Red Purchased June 10th 13

[Image: 1.jpg]

Check out my Mach's & Collection at:
http://www.machwon.com

Matt K.
Kingston, Ont.

I just want mine to feel more solid. If the roads real smooth its great but if there are bumps or ruts in the road I can feel it being a little loose. I also added Traction Lock bars to mine so its possible I could benefit from SFC but Id like to hear from someone who's actually done it what there opinion is.

I'm also looking forward to the time I can Dyno Mat my interior from top to bottom. I guess I'm a little spoiled with the Navigator, nothing makes the road feel bumpy in that land cabin.
Each of my posts is a sincere attempt to correlate & compound the collective knowledge of this community for the benefit of myself & all Mach1 owners who read these pages today, and in the future!
Welcome all Mach1 enthusiasts were glad your here! Jump on in and spread all the knowledge you can.Rockxtreme

Current Vehicles:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 5.0
2013 Shelby GT500 SVT 20th Anniversary Edition
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R
1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Sell your Mustang or Mustang Parts free!
   [Image: sellmymustang.JPG]

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby
My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks!

Phoenix Arizona
[Image: USA.gif]  [Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
MY CURRENT MUSTANGS
updating

I should add them too as I've probably already twisted the frame on mine :-(

My 1971 came with the subframe connectors already installed. I can't tell you how the car was before the connectors but I can tell you that it flexes very little. I noticed this the first time I jacked up the front end behind the front tire and the rear came up almost as much as the front. In addition I put the jack on the connectors as the steel is thicker than the sub frame and doesn't dent. For the money it is a great improvement.

(02-18-2011, 01:30 PM)trout bum Wrote: My 1971 came with the subframe connectors already installed. I can't tell you how the car was before the connectors but I can tell you that it flexes very little. I noticed this the first time I jacked up the front end behind the front tire and the rear came up almost as much as the front. In addition I put the jack on the connectors as the steel is thicker than the sub frame and doesn't dent. For the money it is a great improvement.

Global West Makes Great Tubular Sub-Frame Connectors

Subframe connectors on any unibody car is a great idea. Handles better, rides better. No bolt ons!

Chuck

Here are a couple of links I found useful while taking the slinky effect out of my 71 convertible. http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/sub-frame.html and http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/subframe.html for pre-engineered ideas. I also have some links for shock tower bracing that I can't find right now. If you can cut and weld, these are an extremely cost effective mod that yields immediate results. If you are so inclined a 6 or 8 point roll bar helps a lot. My goal has been to create a solid platform and I will get there someday.
Tim

Thanks Tim,

Those are good links. I imagine that most are familiar with Total Control Products but the dazed link is a tremendous help for a better end for those who can do it themselves.
[Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
Southern Arizona
Current Mustangs:
1973 Mach 1

1971 Mustang Grande
1965 Mustang
[Image: stevenharris.jpg]
http://www.mexicomissionariesofcbt.blogspot.com/

(02-04-2012, 03:12 AM)Steven Harris Wrote: Thanks Tim,

Those are good links. I imagine that most are familiar with Total Control Products but the dazed link is a tremendous help for a better end for those who can do it themselves.

Global West Have Better Fit And Clearence