Brakes upgrade front & rear

Wife and I will be doing a journey to Penn for a week long road rally.

So I am having everything freshen up , turned drums , new premium shoes , front rotors being turned new semi metallic pads .  Possibly new S.S brake hoses.
I am also updating the head lights to LED's  4000 lumens each . That should make driving at nite pleasant.
Last year had the FMX tranny rebuilt with a shift kit. What a differance that made

Obediance is the gateway to perfection and only those who see the invisable can do the impossible.

Home Town : Munising , in Michigans beautiful Upper Peninsula. or better know as Gods country

my home page http://www.myclassicvehicals.webs.com

Wow that is one beautiful Mach1. I love the color. Wow! Good luck on the road trip. 

JTS
"We built these cars to drive the "HELL" out of them, not to be museum pieces!"  Carroll Shelby

2008 Mustang V6 5 speed "Diablo Sport Predator" tuner, 87 octane tune. WOW!
1994 Ford F150 Shortbed
1986 Honda 450 Rebel
1995 Honda Pacific Coast
1989 Jacobra / Jag xjs

(01-12-2018, 01:59 PM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Wow that is one beautiful Mach1. I love the color. Wow! Good luck on the road trip. 

JTS

Thank you

Obediance is the gateway to perfection and only those who see the invisable can do the impossible.

Home Town : Munising , in Michigans beautiful Upper Peninsula. or better know as Gods country

I agree with JTS on the color.  That color green is super nice on your Mach 1 and the blacked out hood compliments it well.  Now I have to convince the other regulars on the site that a blacked out hood will look just as good on my Fairlane. Is that clear coat base coat paint?

Damn good looking car you have!

(01-13-2018, 11:21 AM)Mustangmike Wrote: I agree with JTS on the color.  That color green is super nice on your Mach 1 and the blacked out hood compliments it well.  Now I have to convince the other regulars on the site that a blacked out hood will look just as good on my Fairlane.  Is that clear coat base coat paint?

Well , thank you both about the color compliment. Yes it's bc/cc.

The color is called emerald green or jade green depending on the paint company.  
This color was actualy a mistake by the painter ! I ask for the original silver jade green Ford used that year. When the painter sent me pic's just before he put it all back tegeather , I was floored by the look . I loved it but didn't want him to know how happy I was with the color mistake.

So I acted very dissapointed and told him it was not the color I ask for , he looked astonished and said we'll let's look at your order .  When he saw his notes about the color he was supposed to use . he said well looks like it gets repainted .  
I said leave it alone , I love the mistake and he was very relieved and happier than I was.
That car has won a ton of awards just because of the color. It's was also featured  in a Cruz News Magazine article.

I'll compliment you on the color as well.

What color was the Mach 1 you originally were hoping to purchase back in 69?
[Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
Southern Arizona
Current Mustangs:
1973 Mach 1

1971 Mustang Grande
1965 Mustang
[Image: stevenharris.jpg]
http://www.mexicomissionariesofcbt.blogspot.com/

(01-13-2018, 12:27 PM)mymachone Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 11:21 AM)Mustangmike Wrote: I agree with JTS on the color.  That color green is super nice on your Mach 1 and the blacked out hood compliments it well.  Now I have to convince the other regulars on the site that a blacked out hood will look just as good on my Fairlane.  Is that clear coat base coat paint?

This color was actualy a mistake by the painter ! I ask for the original silver jade green Ford used that year. When the painter sent me pic's just before he put it all back tegeather , I was floored by the look . I loved it but didn't want him to know how happy I was with the color mistake.

So I acted very dissapointed and told him it was not the color I ask for , he looked astonished and said we'll let's look at your order .  When he saw his notes about the color he was supposed to use . he said well looks like it gets repainted .  
I said leave it alone , I love the mistake and he was very relieved and happier than I was.
That car has won a ton of awards just because of the color. It's was also featured  in a Cruz News Magazine article.

Very nice mistake!   You probably could have leveraged a nice discount to avoid a repaint.  It is just so much work to have to repaint a car especially if you are not getting paid for it.

(01-13-2018, 02:58 PM)Steven Harris Wrote: I'll compliment you on the color as well.

What color was the Mach 1 you originally were hoping to purchase back in 69?

Well , back then I was really into the deep red . Not sure about the name but it was really dark red .
Back in the day , they didn't have much on there lots , so I would have had to order it.

(01-13-2018, 09:39 PM)Mustangmike pid= Wrote:

Very nice mistake!   You probably could have leveraged a nice discount to avoid a repaint.  It is just so much work to have to repaint a car especially if you are not getting paid for it.

ya know that crossed my mind but I could never do that for 2 reasons , one I was ecstatic about the look and the other ? He was a small one man shop and it would have hurt him bad.  If I didn't like the color I would have said so and expected a repaint.

(01-14-2018, 12:12 AM)mymachone Wrote:
Mustangmike pid=' dateline=\'1515843598' Wrote:

ya know that crossed my mind but I could never do that for 2 reasons , one I was ecstatic about the look and the other ? He was a small one man shop and it would have hurt him bad.  If I didn't like the color I would have said so and expected a repaint.
Fair enough...nice to know there a good people like you around!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat Upgrade pics OlBlooey 4 2,220 02-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Steven Harris
  Seat Upgrade OlBlooey 0 1,011 02-20-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: OlBlooey
  Seat Upgrade OlBlooey 0 953 02-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Last Post: OlBlooey
  Final Upgrade davej 6 3,810 03-14-2016, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Masterblaster7212
  70 Mach 1 rear fold down install Masterblaster7212 5 4,567 02-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Last Post: BLACK JADE 69
  Front coil spring saddle and caliper changes Masol 0 1,689 08-25-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Masol
  Front Crossmember endofanera 14 8,213 12-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1
  72 Mach 1 brakes... keith1562 7 4,974 04-08-2013, 03:45 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1
  Front wheel bearing exchange Astranit 1 2,118 01-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Rare Pony
  Rebuilt C-6 and rear differential sadlerb_98 2 1,763 06-04-2012, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Steven Harris