69 flip down gas cap question
I can't seem to find this anywhere? The flip down gas cap on my 1969 is missing the bolt on parts on the inside back. Where can i find the replacement parts? All i have been able to find is a complete assembly with the parts included.

If you are not having luck locating individual pieces for the flip down gas cap at the part houses, sometimes you can locate them on e-Bay or swap meets.

Maybe Don from Ohio Mustang can help or possibly another member here on the site.

Good luck and I will keep my eyes peeled as well.

An original cap would have Ford logo and casting numbers inside
Pretty sure they were a riveted together assembly.

It sounds like you have a repro cap - missing the internals
Suppliers will only sell the complete cap
Plus you need to know who manufactured it to get the correct internals, if you find someone willing to sell them
If it is a repro - you probably would be better off getting a complete assembly

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some question about transmission and steering TommyVercetti 9 8,871 03-23-2015, 01:16 AM
Last Post: 6foot4
  tranny shift question paul cass 3 3,307 01-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1
  brake booster/tach question paul cass 4 4,842 01-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1
  top motor question for the electric guru's 72 machrag 6 6,034 06-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Last Post: chutsonjr@yahoo.com
  Question about Decoding 351 Cleveland Cylinder Heads Mach1Guy 4 5,756 03-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Last Post: c9zx
  Boss 302 Question prayers1 12 9,896 03-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Last Post: chutsonjr@yahoo.com
  Question on interior color jcappe 6 6,959 01-11-2011, 07:22 AM
Last Post: jcappe
  9inch rear end question. GoneN6T 4 5,441 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Mach 1 Club

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)