43 yrs & counting
Not a Mach but has all the functional goodies; M-code, handling suspension, 14x7 Magnum 500s, 'SportDeck', PS/PDB & more. That's original paint & interior folks! 44 this July; definitely a survivor.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow I just had a flash back! The front tires are Kelly Springfield Super Chargers I bought a set of those back in 1973 They were the first tires I ever bought. I had them on my 1965 Mustang hardtop. Bias Ply as I recall. I love your car and the wedding pics are cool.

(12-30-2014, 09:59 PM)mrmach1 Wrote: Wow I just had a flash back! The front tires are Kelly Springfield Super Chargers I bought a set of those back in 1973 They were the first tires I ever bought. I had them on my 1965 Mustang hardtop. Bias Ply as I recall. I love your car and the wedding pics are cool.

Thank you! When I bought it still had the F70-14 WideOval original rubber. Current spare is one of those. Within 2 yrs it had radials but handling suffered. When the radials needed replacement went back to bias. Wedding pics are my middle daughter. GOOD photographer made everything look it's best; even so, car is a head turner. Now 106K miles.

Nice looking sportsroof. In use to own one like that, but is was dark green.
Northern Virginia
[Image: virginia.gif]

Mike AKA "Rare Pony"  & "Ole Pony"

We'll Be Friends Until We Are Old and Senile. Then We'll Be NEW Friends!

Current stable: 73 Mustang Convertible 250 CID Auto (owned since 1974), 04 Oxford White Mach 1, 4.6, Auto, 04 Azure Blue Mach 1, 4.6, Auto, and 01 Bullitt, 4.6, Stick.

Great Photos!!! What may I ask is the medallion under the fender Mustang script. I not as familar with sportsroof as I am with Mach1's.. Thanks - Car has a real nice stance. Thanks for posting.Thumbup

It's an M code car, so that's got to be a 351 emblem on the lower fender.
'71 mach, M-code 4SPD
'03 P-71 interceptor
'04 P-71 interceptor
02 superduty V-10

"They all run away when the Clevelands come out to play"

(06-12-2015, 03:48 AM)BillC51x Wrote: Great Photos!!! What may I ask is the medallion under the fender Mustang script. I'm not as familar with sportsroof as I am with Mach1's. Car has a real nice stance. Thanks for posting.Thumbup

I'll pass that along to the photographer (not me). Medallion reads "351" as gxr02190 stated. Both MachI & Sportsroof shared same (63) body; letter code following 63 differentiated 'tween base (A), deluxe (B - Ford 'Flair') or MachI ©. Lowest production (by far) was the 63B. Mine is one of those. My Marti report revealed a few pleasant surprises. Thanks for the comments!

PS: Pic is within month of purchase in 1974.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great picture. Love the rear tyres! Snow specials! Takes me back to the days of my youth in the UK. 'Avon Town and Country' among other similar brand/styles. Rolleyes

The Daughter's '70 Mach 1.  Nana
                                     My: 3 x E32; 2 x E38; X5 BMWs; 2 x BMW MINIs (R50 & R55);
                                     Daimler Sovereign(s)  S1 and X40     Cool
                                     Parts car:  E38 Confused    

Nice history with the car.

Thanks for sharing.
[Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
Southern Arizona
Current Mustangs:
1973 Mach 1

1971 Mustang Grande
1965 Mustang
[Image: stevenharris.jpg]
http://www.mexicomissionariesofcbt.blogspot.com/

(06-13-2015, 02:08 AM)Mach1FatherFigure Wrote: Great picture. Love the rear tyres! Snow specials! Takes me back to the days of my youth in the UK. 'Avon Town and Country' among other similar brand/styles. Rolleyes

Around here they were known as ground-grips & swapped twice yearly. Also want to correct the Mach I trim code to "C"; as I can't edit original post.