Led lights not all that good.
I have heard so much about the led lights , so i thought I would give them a try for my interior lighting ( not dash ) I found that the old units actualy throw more light . Yes the led's are brighter but don't throw as much light , especialy in the sail panel .
Has anyone else found this to be the case ?

I put them in the dash of my 73 convertible and so far I'm happy with them although I don't drive very much at night. I left the rest of my interior lights original.
Northern Virginia
[Image: virginia.gif]

Mike AKA "Rare Pony"  & "Ole Pony"

We'll Be Friends Until We Are Old and Senile. Then We'll Be NEW Friends!

Current stable: 73 Mustang Convertible 250 CID Auto (owned since 1974), 04 Oxford White Mach 1, 4.6, Auto

They make a world of difference for the dash. I only have a roof light in my car and it never had the guts when I got it so didn't work. I made up a led light with blue led's. It probably isn't as good as the incandescent bulbs but looks good.
Steve O from downunder Wink
[Image: Australia.gif]
Lockyer Valley, Qld, Australia

73 Mach 1

https://imgur.com/w6a2gh4

Yes that is definetly the problem with LED's they can be bright, but have no abilibty to illuminate an area more then a few inches away from the bulb. Thats why LED flashlights suck Angry. JTS 71 Mach1
"We built these cars to drive the "HELL" out of them, not to be museum pieces!"  Carroll Shelby

2008 Mustang V6 5 speed "Diablo Sport Predator" tuner, 87 octane tune. WOW!
1994 Ford F150 Shortbed
1986 Honda 450 Rebel
1995 Honda Pacific Coast
1989 Jacobra / Jag xjs

I am wondering if it is the same as the case for the new LED courtesy light bulbs for under the dash as well.

Those things are expensive so if they dont illuminate as well then they can have them.

I am older now and cannot see as well at night.
I need al the light I can get.Headscratch

(09-01-2011, 02:10 PM)Masterblaster7212 Wrote: I am wondering if it is the same as the case for the new LED courtesy light bulbs for under the dash as well.

Those things are expensive so if they dont illuminate as well then they can have them.

I am older now and cannot see as well at night.
I need al the light I can get.Headscratch

I tryed the led's under dash , no where near as effective as the old incadesants. But I am open to using them in the instraments , seems thats the one place they do well. However I did use Halagons in my tail lights and it made a hugh differance and I have halagons for my head lights and it made a big diff. They are off the shelf units from N.A.P.A

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Courtesy Lights Robertb40 11 5,660 06-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Klutch