Mustang Cowl repairs
A video on how to repair a cowl.71-73 guys Im still looking for something for you too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHn7fFPZoc
1969jimmach
Hoof beats are louder than Heartbeats.

Iowa
[Image: iowa.gif]

Probably similar advice would apply for the 71 to 73's

SSig_nicethread
Northern Virginia
[Image: virginia.gif]

Mike AKA "Rare Pony"  & "Ole Pony"

We'll Be Friends Until We Are Old and Senile. Then We'll Be NEW Friends!

Current stable: 73 Mustang Convertible 250 CID Auto (owned since 1974), 04 Oxford White Mach 1, 4.6, Auto

Cool man keep em coming just make sure this stuff goes in the appropriate places I appreciate your efforts! Goodpost

Another good tip is to make sure your Subject line is like someone might search for the words on Google or other search engines.

EXAMPLE:

You had Cowl Repair.

I changed it to Mustang Cowl Repair.
Each of my posts is a sincere attempt to correlate & compound the collective knowledge of this community for the benefit of myself & all Mach1 owners who read these pages today, and in the future!
Welcome all Mach1 enthusiasts were glad your here! Jump on in and spread all the knowledge you can.Rockxtreme

Current Vehicles:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 5.0
2013 Shelby GT500 SVT 20th Anniversary Edition
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R
1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Sell your Mustang or Mustang Parts free!
   [Image: sellmymustang.JPG]

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby
My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks!

Phoenix Arizona
[Image: USA.gif]  [Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
MY CURRENT MUSTANGS
updating

(01-10-2011, 03:52 AM)Mach 1 Club Wrote: Cool man keep em coming just make sure this stuff goes in the appropriate places I appreciate your efforts! Goodpost

Another good tip is to make sure your Subject line is like someone might search for the words on Google or other search engines.

EXAMPLE:

You had Cowl Repair.

I changed it to Mustang Cowl Repair.

Thanks for the advice all criticism positive or negetive is great it keeps me doing more for the site and the more the moderators do the less you have to right.RoflRofl
1969jimmach
Hoof beats are louder than Heartbeats.

Iowa
[Image: iowa.gif]

I personally would not repair a cowl in such a way, usually there is additional damage, like pin holes and further rust issues.

Pull the hood, pull the fenders, pull the windshield, drill out the spot welds on end caps, drill out spot welds along front lip of cowl and drill out out spot welds ( From the Top ) along section where windshield was removed, therefor exposing the entire lower cowl and fresh air rings. You can now do a more precise and professional repair that will last a long time, especially pre 71 models as you can buy the repair panels.

1971-1973 mustangs i would recommend the same method, although most of these models rust along the lower, upper cowl, and the fresh air rings also rust out and you cannot get replacements at this time so you will have to cut out the rust and fabricate patches, and fresh air rings. I have been to 25 different fabrication manufacturers and to my surprise they are either incapable or don't want to be bothered. I am not even a welder and have duplicated these rings myself. I also have cut rot out of these cowls and repaired them almost perfectly, it's just time consuming, but it's the right way to fix the rust and to insure full value on your investmet.

The economical way is ok i guess if you just have a driver quality vehicle, but for a quality Resto, No Way.

Kuddo's Mr Dirt for wanting to do it the right way! Bravo JTS 71 Mach1
"We built these cars to drive the "HELL" out of them, not to be museum pieces!"  Carroll Shelby

2008 Mustang V6 5 speed "Diablo Sport Predator" tuner, 87 octane tune. WOW!
1994 Ford F150 Shortbed
1986 Honda 450 Rebel
1995 Honda Pacific Coast
1989 Jacobra / Jag xjs

I really wasn't looking for an "Attaboy", but whatever, i was trying to be helpful to those who want to a good resto on there Cowl Panels.

I have 3 of these cars and have done 2 so far and i will do a video on the 3rd to show the proper way to do a 71-73 cowl repair.

I honestly wasn't trying to be negative, the guy that started the thread looks to know what he's doing, he's probably tried it the hard way and knows it's not easy, God i know i do... It takes alot of time and patience.

Welcome Joe Dirt,

We will appreciate your video. Definitely a hard repair and any help for those who follow is greatly appreciated.
[Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
Southern Arizona
Current Mustangs:
1973 Mach 1

1971 Mustang Grande
1965 Mustang
[Image: stevenharris.jpg]
http://www.mexicomissionariesofcbt.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correct seam sealer location cowl area Paul113 0 1,770 05-15-2015, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Paul113
  Repair rust on a mustang 1969jimmach 1 3,027 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Mustangmike
  1969-1970 Mustang windshield replacement Mach 1 Club 0 2,196 12-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Mach 1 Club
  Mustang stripe color picker Mach 1 Club 7 7,279 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1
  Mustang engine color how to paint engine 1969jimmach 0 2,855 01-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Last Post: 1969jimmach