Brake upgrade, any suggestions
Preparing to upgrade my brake system on my 70. I have been looking at running a Milwood setup however not many I know are using this system. Do any of you have any input on Milwood systems or other setups that you like. I want to go with a system that is more than your basic stock upgrade but not a full Bare Brake system.

Havent heard of Milwood before. Are they new? (Or did ya mean Wilwood? Crazy ) ... WW are good brakes. Baer are a bit better, but they price them like they are solid gold.
Notallthere

Good topic! Ill be watching this one. Although I upgraded to slotted rotors in the front of my 72 that's about all I did. It did make a big difference upgrading the slotted rotors from stock.
Each of my posts is a sincere attempt to correlate & compound the collective knowledge of this community for the benefit of myself & all Mach1 owners who read these pages today, and in the future!
Welcome all Mach1 enthusiasts were glad your here! Jump on in and spread all the knowledge you can.Rockxtreme

Current Vehicles:
2015 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 5.0
2013 Shelby GT500 SVT 20th Anniversary Edition
2013 Mustang GT 5.0
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700R
1979 Pontiac Trans Am

Sell your Mustang or Mustang Parts free!
   [Image: sellmymustang.JPG]

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby
My Mustang just used the gas your Prius saved. Thanks!

Phoenix Arizona
[Image: USA.gif]  [Image: Arizona_flag_32w.gif]
MY CURRENT MUSTANGS
updating

(06-24-2010, 04:06 AM)Bitdriver Wrote: Havent heard of Milwood before. Are they new? (Or did ya mean Wilwood? Crazy ) ... WW are good brakes. Baer are a bit better, but they price them like they are solid gold.

You were able to read my mind. Yes I ment Wilwood. Never try to post when your 2 yr old is setting in your lap trying to help type. Big Grin

I would really like to go power disc front and back. I want something with some bite as I plan to take it on a road course or two from time to time. Baer would be nice but on a teachers salary I can not see that in my future. The wilwood setup seems to be a good one based on some reviews I have read and is more in my $$$ range. I was hoping someone here was running them and could suppply some first hand knowledge.

Does any one have any other suggestions outside the two already named?

Thanks

Chris

Baer Brakes are WAY Superior.

I have them on my 1966 Mustang

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake Shoe size for Q code Jimmy Pistol 2 2,257 02-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Jimmy Pistol
Question Long Brake Line Question Lenth & Thread Size Machman 6 4,399 11-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Last Post: BKDunha
  Rear Brake Drum Kit Mustangmike 2 2,336 09-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Mustangmike
  TCP Power Rack and Pinion Upgrade 70427w 4 3,006 02-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Steven Harris