ALL MEMBERS HERE PLEASE!!
Pawn shops. Different terminology is always interesting to me. I have lived in northern California my whole life. At least in my area, I have never seen or heard of car parts being purchased or sold at Pawn shops.

I am not being critical, but on second thought I wonder, is the term "Pawn Shops" referring to "Automotive Wrecking Yards"? If that is the case, I have purchased many parts from Wrecking Yards when I was younger.

Best Regards,
Mike
Well here in Arkansas we have the normal everyday "pawn shop" they handle anything of value. Most common things are stereo's, sound equipment for the local bands, electronics, computers, "GUNS". Tools from hand, to all power tools, motorcycle's, lawn mowers, 3 and 4 wheelers, and yes cars, about the only "parts" they carry are accessories for pickups, winches, roll bars, toolboxes etc. and wheels and tires. Every now and then you find something strange but not to often. JTS 71 Mach1
I got off Facebook about four years ago due to their policies on information sharing with all Facebook paid affiliates. There was a big article on the cut off date posted in the Wall Street journal.
Never have been on Twitter, or any other except this website, Craigslist and eBay.
Without sheer volume of member visits the sell my mustang will have a hard time garnering excitement.
In order to get the name out there your going to have to have a buzz going about it that has cult potential for loyalty.
The Mach 1 cars are limited in number period.
Mustangs in general are greater in number so that is a plus going for you.

Thinking narrow:
Instead of sell_my_Ford.com
We have (narrowed the pool) to strictly mustangs.

Look at the WIFM (What's In It For Me) mentality.
You plan on gifting this service for free.
This might mean that your advertisers will pay your site for posting ads everywhere on the free car ads.... Possibly.
This would be a revenue stream.
Craigslist gets revenue from a broad range of advertisers being (Service companies), corporations seeking job candidates and all sorts of car dealers etc etc.

Ebay does the same, just with sellers paying along with advertisers etc etc...

Me personally, I look at your idea as something needing an edge.
1). I would first garner the website name, then get another mustang only website going.
Not specifically Mach 1 cars but mustangs in general.
Like: (mustangfixit.com), (mustangmod.com),
2). Start getting members to producing better and more detailed "How To" videos on mustang checks and repairs and installs.
3). Let members post the videos on the new mustang website and we members can vote on the best video to be permantly put as part of the website archives. Note: bad or incomplete videos could be deleted after member review period ended.
4). After the archive mustang website got large enough. There would be now good videos from mustang parts houses that are COOPed with you and have a dual benefit of active video submission (great quality), and paid advertisers who pay to sponsor the videos.
5). Then there should be enough users to have the volume needed to kick off the (sellmymustang.com) type website.

If I were to want to sell my mustang right this minute or within 30 days, I'd be looking at selling on sites with volume or a large sales footprint.
Biggest bang for the buck.
I majored in business management in college.
From a business standpoint, you look at your competition first, demographic study of potential users and the ages of the users. The likes, dislikes and where most of the buzz or interest lies.
Your going to have to snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram a bit to generate the buzz. Mustangs still are Americas favorite first cars for young folks.
These kids love those social websites.
I'm too old to do all that and care about it.
To build it up and really get that website going your going to need devotion time to it. I mean real time on your computer managing it personally. It's success will be a reflection on the time really devoted to its sucess.

Ask yourself:
Will it benefit me?
How much time am I willing to give up?
Do I eventually want this converted to a full time business later?
What other sacrifices am I willing to make?
How big do I want this site to be able to expand to?
How much will this cost me initially and later on.
What are the legal liabilities?
Do I need to have an S-Corp set up for this for business purposes?
Do I need business partners?
How much hardware (computer) is involved?
How much broadband service will be required?
What other capital is required?

This was long winded but hopefully somewhat helpful.
It really garnered my interest a lot.

Good luck in your decision.
WOW, how's that for an answer! Good Job Man. I guess you studied hard in school. JTS 71 Mach1
Well that's a mouth full :)

I appreciate the feedback.

When it comes to my sites, I have always felt it was better to have the best guys and less overall total members. I think that's exactly what Mach 1 Club is. We have the cream of the crop here with you guys. The user numbers are high but many don't come here anymore.

With SellMyMustang.com I built it to help the Mustang community.
I can make that site go if I want to contact every Mustang club in the USA or put an ad in a few Mustang Magazines. People love free.

The whole goal is traffic. I'm working on cleaning up this site right now and adding a bunch of new articles and stuff. You may have noticed changes in the topic categories.

I'm going to keep an eye on a few of these topics and potentially clean a few more as time goes on. Going to fix the board so it looks better especially the posting aspect of it, fixing smilies, and a few other things.
Go For It DUDE! Anything to make it better, is Cool. JTS 71 Mach1
I am also on Bimmerfest. I got fed up with the majority who seem myopic about brand and totally lacking in logic for any repair. Hence my signature ended up being : 'I've just changed my wiper blades now my reverse lights don't work. Should I change my fuel pump relay?'
I really like it here. I only joined 'Facebook' to get an e-mail address to join here as the 'register' would not work for me. FB and Twitter I consider a waste of time and effort. Here the members seem interested in all the activities of others - building a workshop; working on other makes etc etc.
The only thing that annoys me is being in Australia and isolated from meeting you guys face to face.
(02-27-2016, 07:46 PM)Mach1FatherFigure Wrote: The only thing that annoys me is being in Australia and isolated from meeting you guys face to face.

Yeah M1FF I have the same sentiment. As most of us are scattered all over the US. I think there have been a couple members who have been able to hook up, but for most of us it's all based on the web. With the exception of Steven Harris who travels like most of change shirts (ha ha). I wish we could all meet, as we'd sure have a lot to talk about! From Politics to Hot Rods to Mach1's nothing is sacred here! Have a great day down under. JTS 71 Mach1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To The Members! - PLEASE READ! Mach 1 Club 36 87,538 04-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Last Post: JTS71 Mach1