Don't be alarmed...
Remember the first car you owned that had a seat-belt warning light & buzzer? How about this one "Your door is ajar", I beg your pardon my door is not a jar, my car has no jar. Anyway I hope you will find a bit of humor in the following true story.
As some of you know I suffer from chronic low back pain that is managed via an implanted Morphine pump. About 2 months ago, after taking a shower, I stepped into the upstairs hallway. The combination of wet feet, hardwood floors & general clumsiness (which I have in spades). I managed to fall head first down the stairs. Luckily my house is a tri-level, so a flight of stairs is only 6 steps, rather than 12 or more. I was also lucky to land head first (I've been known for hardheadedness) All the damage done was a nice shiner (left eye). I just told people that either the cat tripped me or that my wife pushed me! Ha Ha. Ultimately I ended up with a flair- up of back pain. So my Dr. increased my pump output, over & over with no ease in symptoms. Finally they injected dye into the catheter that runs from the implant to my spine. Ends up that when I fell I damaged the small tube so no meds. were reaching their target. A quick switch to oral meds. & now I'm O.K., not great, but O.K. So finally last Monday I met with the surgeon who will repair the broken tube soon. Now for the funny part. For the past 2 days I kept hearing a faint alarm, just 3 short tones every 20 minutes or so. My first thought was that I had left one of the cordless phones off the hook. Next I checked my cell phone alarm, no dice. Then I thought it was either my PC or laptop, nope. I unplugged numerous items, the game console, the printer & so on. Every-time I thought I had found it, 20 min. later I'd hear that same 3 tones. Worst of all, my beautiful wife rarely heard it. I was starting to think it was all in my head. Nope not there either, but it was in me. After 2 days of hair-pulling frustration I realized it was coming from the implant inside my abdomen!! LIL,! Who would have thunk it. No longer pumping meads, the critical error alarm was sounding. Looks like I'm stuck with it for the next couple weeks. All I can do is shake my head & laugh. Maybe my door really is a jar, who knows?

I know this isn't really car related but I've made some friends on this website & thought it would be good for a chuckle. So don't be alarmed...
... I'm not completely daft.

Your friend,
Keith

Hey Keith not to laugh at your pain. But that's some funny stuff. Number 1 I hope you're alright and they fix you better then you were. But that sounds like the kinda crazy, silly, stupid shit, that happens to me. My wife says "Only you Jack Shelby"!
My story, I was driving home one afternoon following my wife with my son Jeremy, she had made him ride home with her.
A dog crossed the road. and she slowed down, I also slowed a little. ALL of a sudden my passenger side window of my Ford Ranger, EXPLODES and glass flies into the truck all over me. I slammed on the brakes got out, and went looking along the ditch in front of a couple houses, looking for some kids or ???? I went to the house and beat on the door, Angry I'm PISSED, The guy came to the door half asleep. I said where's your kids! He said huh? I said your kids! He said my kids have been gone for years. I said well somebody just threw a rock and busted out the window on my truck. He came out and helped my wife and I look, but there were no kids to be found. (Rural Arkansas) We kept looking and found a huge rock about the size of a large potato, with bits of glass inbedded on one end of it, in the middle of the road about where the window had exploded. My wife says only you Jack Shelby would have rocks fall from heaven! Pray
Now as Paul Harvey would say Here's the Rest of the Story!

As we were looking and found the "Rock," 20 or 30 minutes had passed form the time it happened, till we found the rock with glass on it. As were standing there talking about "Rocks" falling from heaven. A Crop Duster Airplane flies directly over us! It dawns on me that that same plane had flown over us when we had slowed down because of the dog! Had I not slowed down, the "Rock" would have landed in the bed of my truck instead of hitting the window. The Futchin Pilot was playing dive bomber with the "Rock" trying to land it in the bed of my truck! and he was flying back over the scene of the crime! GO FIGURE ROCKS FALLING FROM HEAVEN! JTS 71 Mach1
(09-13-2014, 07:38 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Hey Keith not to laugh at your pain. But that's some funny stuff. Number 1 I hope you're alright and they fix you better then you were. But that sounds like the kinda crazy, silly, stupid shit, that happens to me. My wife says "Only you Jack Shelby"!
My story, I was driving home one afternoon following my wife with my son Jeremy, she had made him ride home with her.
A dog crossed the road. and she slowed down, I also slowed a little. ALL of a sudden my passenger side window of my Ford Ranger, EXPLODES and glass flies into the truck all over me. I slammed on the brakes got out, and went looking along the ditch in front of a couple houses, looking for some kids or ???? I went to the house and beat on the door, Angry I'm PISSED, The guy came to the door half asleep. I said where's your kids! He said huh? I said your kids! He said my kids have been gone for years. I said well somebody just threw a rock and busted out the window on my truck. He came out and helped my wife and I look, but there were no kids to be found. (Rural Arkansas) We kept looking and found a huge rock about the size of a large potato, with bits of glass inbedded on one end of it, in the middle of the road about where the window had exploded. My wife says only you Jack Shelby would have rocks fall from heaven! Pray

As we were looking and found the "Rock," 20 or 30 minutes had passed form the time it happened, till we found the rock with glass on it. As were standing there talking about "Rocks" falling from heaven. A Crop Duster Airplane flies directly over us! It dawns on me that that same plane had flown over us when we had slowed down because of the dog! Had I not slowed down, the "Rock" would have landed in the bed of my truck instead of hitting the window. The Futchin Pilot was playing dive bomber with the "Rock" trying to land it in the bed of my truck! and he was flying back over the scene of the crime! GO FIGURE ROCKS FALLING FROM HEAVEN! JTS 71 Mach1

The truth is WAY stranger than fiction!! Take care Jack Shelby "say hello to your departed uncle Carroll" Lol
That's some pretty good stuff.

I have heard of stuff like that happening. Rolleyes
Thanks for sharing the story Keith, it made me chuckle a bit when you connected the sounds you were hearing to that annoying door ajar buzzer that might really mean something.

All kidding aside, I have suffered with herniated discs and sciatica nerve pain since I was 24 but certainly not to the severity you do. But I can sympathize with the pain you must feel at times since I am compassionate to how bad it can be at times!

Glad to hear you are all right!!

(09-13-2014, 08:19 AM)keith1562 Wrote:
(09-13-2014, 07:38 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Hey Keith not to laugh at your pain. But that's some funny stuff. Number 1 I hope you're alright and they fix you better then you were. But that sounds like the kinda crazy, silly, stupid shit, that happens to me. My wife says "Only you Jack Shelby"!

The truth is WAY stranger than fiction!! Take care Jack Shelby "say hello to your departed uncle Carroll" Lol

It was actually cousin Carroll. JTS 71 Mach1