Mach 1 Club
1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mustang Mach 1 Forums (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: 1974 - 1978 MUSTANG MACH 1 FORUMS (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+--- Thread: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech (/showthread.php?tid=767)

Pages: 1 2

1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Mach1Guy - 02-01-2010

Quote:Editor's Choice
It was certainly nice to see a Mustang II at the Laurel Mountain Mustang Auto Show during the NMRA's World Finals in Kentucky. So nice, in fact, that photographer Paul Rosner selected Joe Davis' '75 Mach 1 for the Mustang Monthly "Editor's Choice" award.

A machinist from Crawfordsville, Indiana, Joe has made some improvements to his well-optioned Mustang II, but none that take away from the car's stock demeanor. As a nod to earlier Mach 1s, the vintage Shaker-style hoodscoop is attached to the hood instead of protruding through. Fifteen-inch Magnum 500 wheels add yet another touch of previous Mustang muscle. Less obvious updates include a 9-inch rearend with 3.50 gears, four-wheel disc brakes, and 2-inch dropped front spindles. Under the hood, Joe has replaced the 302's factory two-barrel setup with an Edelbrock Performer intake and Holley four-barrel carb.

While most Mustang enthusiasts associate the Mach 1 name with the more muscular models from '69-'73, the Mach 1 model continued right through the '74-'78 Mustang II era. In 1975, the package included dual door mirrors, Styled Steel wheels with Wide-Oval tires, black rocker panel body paint, and trunk lid striping. The base engine was the 2.8L V-6, but Joe's Mach 1 was originally optioned with the 302 V-8. Other factory options included power steering and brakes, air conditioning, rear window defroster, Luxury Interior Group, and spoke aluminum wheels.

[Image: mump_0902_06_z+1975_ford_mustang_ii_mach...t_view.jpg]

[Image: mump_0902_05_z+1975_ford_mustang_ii_mach...t_view.jpg]

Information found at: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/eventcoverage/mump_0902_2008_nmra_world_finals/1975_ford_mach_1_mustang_ii.html

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Rare Pony - 02-01-2010

Looks like Mach1Guy has the fever for a Mustang II Mach 1. If I came across one in good condition at the right price I would be tempted to get one too.

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Mach 1 Club - 02-03-2010

I love all Mustangs, but for some reason these years never did much for me. I suppose its because they had such a low horsepower rating. I had a chance when I was younger to get faded 77 Black and Gold Mach 1 or a shiny Blue 77 T-Bird. I took the T-bird. Didnt have alot of choices here, my Dad said choose one. I think the fact that I could get more friends in the t-bird helped my decision as well. :)

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - 4gottenMach1 - 01-31-2011

You have a very nice. Drive with pride.Bow

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - joedavis - 08-11-2011

This my first time on the site kinda surprised to see my Mach 1, the pictures do not do it justice but nice to see it just the same

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Mach 1 Club - 08-11-2011

Welcome Joe so you going to add more pictures? We could use a few more forgotten year Mach 1's here!

Smiliegenerator_test6

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Steven Harris - 08-11-2011

Welcome Joe,

We could use your enthusiasm for the Mustang II Mach 1 in our midst.

Please join in the fun and we would love to see more pictures and hear a bit more about it.

I am glad to see you here with us.

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Rare Pony - 08-12-2011

Joe, Welcome to the site. I think the Mustang II's are becoming more appreciated now. Please share info about yours and the trials and tribulations of maintaing and finding parts for them.

Smiliegenerator_test6

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Carolina Pony Cars - 10-13-2011

Awesome ! Great to see the Mustang II represented here !

RE: 1975 Ford Mustang II Mach 1 - Mustangs At The Beech - Steven Harris - 10-13-2011

Welcome Carolina!

Help us out and post up your Mustang II's as well. You do have some don't you or are you dreaming of the day like me. I like the 77 Mach 1 best I believe of these forgotten years.

Glad to have you here with us.