Mach 1 Club
New member - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New member (/showthread.php?tid=7140)

Pages: 1 2

New member - Limeyboy - 01-03-2021

Hi guys,

Just joined, lots of good stuff on the site which I'm sure I will need!!
Waiting on delivery of my 1970 Mach 1 in Calypso coral, its a 2 barrel with a 4 barrel Holley ( a 428 SCJ according to the numbers, Universal so not an original  Confused ) with an ally manifold and long tube headers, an MSD 6AL with MSD distributor and coil.
Believe it or not  I've bought it "sight unseen"  Wow but the guy is a member of the MOCGB as I am and it seems genuine car.
San Jose built and lived in California all it's life then imported to the UK in 2020, yes I'm in Blighty!
Anyway when she arrives I'll try and put some pics on ( if it's any good ) 

Cheers
Jeff

RE: New member - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-04-2021

SSig_welcome4  Hey Jeff good to have you. There ain't nothing wrong with being from the other side of the pond, as they say. Lots of good info, and good people here. You'll find tons of info, and knowledge, on your 70. Buying it sight unseen is a little risky, but with the day, and times being what they are. It's becoming a thing, good and bad. As my Kids would say, "it is what it is" God I hate that statement, as it means I have no control over what happens, I'm simply at the mercy of someone else, or circumstances! Anyway Good Luck, I hope it turns out to be better then expected. Again Welcome to the Club!

JTS

RE: New member - Limeyboy - 01-04-2021

(01-04-2021, 01:33 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: SSig_welcome4  Hey Jeff good to have you. There ain't nothing wrong with being from the other side of the pond, as they say. Lots of good info, and good people here. You'll find tons of info, and knowledge, on your 70. Buying it sight unseen is a little risky, but with the day, and times being what they are. It's becoming a thing, good and bad. As my Kids would say, "it is what it is" God I hate that statement, as it means I have no control over what happens, I'm simply at the mercy of someone else, or circumstances! Anyway Good Luck, I hope it turns out to be better then expected. Again Welcome to the Club!

JTS
Thanks JTS, I'm hoping to get it delivered next week or the week after ( travel restrictions are getting tough here)  if you never hear from me again then take it I'm working on a piece of rusty Calypso coral artwork on the front drive  Laughing
One problem here is 70 - 73 mach 1's are not that popular so the choice is limited even though they are far better value than most earlier cars.

Jeff

RE: New member - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-04-2021

I'm not sure but I think you've gotten confused as to the years / description. As a 70 Mach1 Looks pretty much like the 69 Mach1, without the quad/four headlights. The 71 to 73's are the next generation. The Flatbacks, Clydesdales, etc, take your pick. You mentioned  the color was Calypso Coral which is definitely a 70 color. So without a picture to go by???? Whatever year it is you'll Love it just the same.   Gears LOL!

JTS

(01-04-2021, 05:39 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: I'm not sure but I think you've gotten confused as to the years / description. As a 70 Mach1 Looks pretty much like the 69 Mach1, without the quad/four headlights. The 71 to 73's are the next generation. The Flatbacks, Clydesdales, etc, take your pick. You mentioned  the color was Calypso Coral which is definitely a 70 color. So without a picture to go by???? Whatever year it is you'll Love it just the same.   Gears LOL!

JTS
Sorry I didn't put the '69 ones in the generalisation ( price wise) because of the John Wick effect on prices here. '71 to '73 cars have the problem of being 3" wider than a 69/70 and trust me UK garages are very narrow in general. I'm lucky as my garage is about 33' long but only 8' - 8 1/2' wide ( it varies)
I like the '69 front end but prefer the '70 rear end.

I've tried to add a couple of pics but cant see them on the post  Huh

Jeff

JTS
Finally managed a picture, couldn't find any small enough.

Going to sleep now  Wink

Jeff

looks like half a car  Crazy

RE: New member - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-05-2021

Yeah you will have to figure out how to down size the pics. In all the years I've been here I still haven't figured it out, LOL! But you are correct, that is a beautiful 1970 in Calypso Coral. Very Nice. Is that a pic of the car you purchased? If so it looks pretty damn good from here. Hope it's as good as the picture.  Cool

JTS

RE: New member - Limeyboy - 01-05-2021

Yes this is the actual car, it's being "MOT'd" ( UK ministry test) headlights changed etc this week with delivery next monday hopefully  Thumbup

Even though the picture is 421 kb I still cant see it all  Huh

RE: New member - Oztrailer - 01-05-2021

If you right click on the photo and press open image in new tab you can see the whole picture.

RE: New member - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-05-2021

Way to go OZ, cool information. I had no clue you could do that!  Cool I guess I've still got some things to learn. LOL!

JTS