Mach 1 Club
Mallory Distributors - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Swap Meet - New - Used - Buy - Sell - Trade (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+--- Forum: WANTED - Parts & Cars (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thread: Mallory Distributors (/showthread.php?tid=6859)

Pages: 1 2

Mallory Distributors - Mustangmike - 02-25-2019

I am looking for old Mallory point distributors for SBF's.  They do not need to be working since I am only looking for parts.  If you have one (or more) and want to convert it to cash I would be interested.

Thanks,

Mike

RE: Mallory Distributors - JTS71 Mach1 - 02-25-2019

Boy are you looking for a needle in a hay stack. I'm not sure, but weren't all Mallory distributors dual points??? I kinda thought they were, but I haven't seen one in years. Did you try Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Is yours messed up or ??? I'm sure someones got one laying around. Now all you have to do is find that someone. Good Luck!

JTS

RE: Mallory Distributors - 1969_Mach1 - 02-25-2019

No kidding a needle in a hay stack.  I thought Mallory and Accel still made dual point distributors.  But after some searching found that's not the case.  I would like one with a good strong coil as I think it's a more reliable setup than any new electronic capacitive discharge type of system.  Maybe not as powerful of an ignition system, but definitely more reliable.

RE: Mallory Distributors - Mustangmike - 02-26-2019

Well, luck is going my way. I found 2 needles in the haystack. Both 2555101 dual points. And talk about luck, one guy had the distributor for 15 years and never installed it. Still in the box!

RE: Mallory Distributors - Steven Harris - 02-26-2019

Great to hear of your success.

Could not have happened to a more deserving man!

RE: Mallory Distributors - Mustangmike - 02-26-2019

(02-26-2019, 02:49 PM)Steven Harris Wrote: Great to hear of your success.

Could not have happened to a more deserving man!

Hi Steven,

I hope all is well.  I did find some quick success but the search is not over, yet.  I am still looking for the old small block Ford Mallory distributors.  Basically, I need some parts so condition is not an issue for me.  So if anyone out there has one they want to get rid of let me know.  I am still looking. 

Mike

RE: Mallory Distributors - JTS71 Mach1 - 02-27-2019

So if you found 2 of them what the heck are you still looking for??? Gold Plated??? Rofl

RE: Mallory Distributors - Mustangmike - 02-27-2019

(02-27-2019, 06:11 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: So if you found 2 of them what the heck are you still looking for??? Gold Plated??? Rofl

I take them apart and put them back together again! Notallthere   It's called being bored.  Thumbup

RE: Mallory Distributors - Steven Harris - 02-27-2019

Man, I wished I lived closer so that I could help you with your boredom.

Of would that be so you could help me ..

On a good note I'll post an update on my daughter's 65.

RE: Mallory Distributors - Mustangmike - 02-27-2019

(02-27-2019, 02:30 PM)Steven Harris Wrote: Man, I wished I lived closer so that I could help you with your boredom.

Of would that be so you could help me ..

On a good note I'll post an update on my daughter's 65.

I wish you were closer.  Actually, I wish I were closer to you.  Your weather looks much warmer!

My garage has no room for anymore projects! I would have to sell one to make more room but I do not see that happening. Although I am starting to realize it is expensive maintaining two classic cars.