Mach 1 Club
How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mustang Mach 1 Garage (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=175)
+--- Forum: Auto Body & Paint (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+--- Thread: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) (/showthread.php?tid=6797)

How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - Mach 1 Club - 10-03-2018

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - JTS71 Mach1 - 10-04-2018

Typical rust repair 101. Being from Illinois originally, we did this kind of repair constantly. I took "Career Center" autobody classes (tech school). My last 2 years of Highschool, after which I realized, I loved working a dented fender, replacing a 1/4 panel, even rust repair. But getting one finished, and ready for paint. Yeah bullshet, that's rastus work. I went back to being a mechanic, and do a little body work on the side.

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - Mustangmike - 10-05-2018

(10-04-2018, 09:42 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: Typical rust repair 101. Being from Illinois originally, we did this kind of repair constantly. I took "Career Center" autobody classes (tech school). My last 2 years of Highschool, after which I realized, I loved working a dented fender, replacing a 1/4 panel, even rust repair. But getting one finished, and ready for paint. Yeah bullshet, that's rastus work. I went back to being a mechanic, and do a little body work on the side.

JTS,  what the heck is "rastus" work?

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - JTS71 Mach1 - 10-05-2018

That's work we get "Rastus" to do. It's a made up word so I can't offend anyone! It just means work, we get someone else to do. Cause I sure as heck ain't doing it! LOL!  Naughty

JTS

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - Mustangmike - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 09:03 AM)JTS71 Mach1 Wrote: That's work we get "Rastus" to do. It's a made up word so I can't offend anyone! It just means work, we get someone else to do. Cause I sure as heck ain't doing it! LOL!  Naughty

JTS

Gotcha! Laughing

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - 1969_Mach1 - 10-12-2018

I must be getting old and have no clue how body repairs are done today.  That rusted area looks far beyond a repair that doesn't involve a metal patch.

RE: How to Repair Rust on Your Car Without Welding (No Special Tools Needed) - JTS71 Mach1 - 10-12-2018

Nah this was just a quick make it look good, so we can sell it kind of repair. We all know you have to cut out the rust, and weld in new sheetmetal to do a legit repair. But for a beater, or first car, or something no one really cares about. This type of repair has been done forever, and as I said a lot of the time it's to make one look good enough to sell. 

JTS