Mach 1 Club
Lot's Of Things... - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR MACH 1 TODAY? (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=234)
+--- Thread: Lot's Of Things... (/showthread.php?tid=6714)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Lot's Of Things... - MachnVegas - 04-19-2018

...need to be done. Fortunately, nothing major.
It's missing the console, The windows roll kinda stiff, and the AM/FM radio, sounds like a 45 year old radio.

But instead of fixing things, I went with my friend Mike for a slushy!
(Priorities)
He has a 69' Roadrunner and it attracts dangerous drivers.
It's been hit & repaired a couple times. 
Yes, I kept a safe interval.
And of course, about a mile from my house, someone almost sideswiped him.

People complain that the Mustang got too large.
WHAT ARE THEY SMOKING?
Has any of them looked at the size of Mopars?
His Roadrunner could double as a school bus.

[Image: bfg7r4.jpg]

I'm also having a shop built. 
It has to be big enough for my RV and a few cars and tall enough to put in a lift.

[Image: f03trm.jpg]

[Image: jzbk11.jpg]

Until the shop is done, the Mustang is living in the trailer.

[Image: 2yvjdbq.jpg]

This Garage is full and so it the other.

[Image: 28be007.jpg]

This is the reason I'm here.
A couple years ago, I ran across this picture.
I don't know who's car it is but told myself, I was going to find one.

[Image: 2hclsg2.jpg]

And I did.

[Image: 2508bqd.jpg]
In this thread I'll detail what I do with the Mustang.
The stuff I install and places we go.

RE: Lot's Of Things... - 1969_Mach1 - 04-19-2018

I like the 1970-1974 Challengers and Cudas.  All the other Mopar's from the that time period are huge, square box shaped, and the interiors are not much to brag about. 

Nice size shop.  I'm jealous.  I don't have the space or money for something like that.

Your friend's name with the Road Runner isn't by any chance Joe Dirt? Laughing

RE: Lot's Of Things... - Mustangmike - 04-19-2018

I like the shop too and it looks to have plenty of height for a lift.  I can't wait to see it when it's finished.  I think I am at the point in my life where a garage is more important than a house.  The problem is I can't convince my wife of it!

RE: Lot's Of Things... - 1969_Mach1 - 04-20-2018

(04-19-2018, 07:37 PM)Mustangmike Wrote: I think I am at the point in my life where a garage is more important than a house.  The problem is I can't convince my wife of it!

I've had that belief since I was in my teens.  I can never understand how some use a garage simply as a storage area.  I'm glad my wife understands the garage is not a storage area.  When we purchased this house 20 years ago our goal was something with at least a 3 car garage or a back yard large enough to build a shop with access to it.  With property at a premium in California we just couldn't find anything like that in our area.  So I work out of a two car garage.  So far no complaints from neighbors.

RE: Lot's Of Things... - Mustangmike - 04-20-2018

(04-20-2018, 03:03 AM)1969_Mach1 Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 07:37 PM)Mustangmike Wrote: I think I am at the point in my life where a garage is more important than a house.  The problem is I can't convince my wife of it!

I've had that belief since I was in my teens.  I can never understand how some use a garage simply as a storage area.  I'm glad my wife understands the garage is not a storage area.  When we purchased this house 20 years ago our goal was something with at least a 3 car garage or a back yard large enough to build a shop with access to it.  With property at a premium in California we just couldn't find anything like that in our area.  So I work out of a two car garage.  So far no complaints from neighbors.
The truth is I rent my garage.  Our house doesn't have a garage or enough property to build one.  The lots in the neighborhood are long an narrow so no one really has a garage just big sheds.  Not having a garage at the house is a huge inconvenience (at least for me) but the cheapskate in me doesn't want the debt of moving.

Wow!  I knew you guys were "bean counters".  But this is the first time in my life I have heard (or read) the word "cheapskate" used by an accountant. Laughing

Maybe use the word "frugal" next time.  The definition is different and sounds a little better.

RE: Lot's Of Things... - MachnVegas - 04-20-2018

I just splurged on a reproduction console, shift bezel and "Mach 1" clock block off plate.

I hope the console is decent. It better be for 700 bucks!
The shifter bezel was kinda imperfect.
I got ripped off and paid nearly 200 bucks for the clock delete plate. 
I JUST PAID ABOUT 200 BUCKS FOR AN OLD PIECE OF PLASTIC!

Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282492179272

Overall appearance is usually not an issue with reproduction parts.  Fitment, material thickness, material type and small details are where reproduction parts usually have issues.  I try for used original parts then as a last resort, reproduction parts.

RE: Lot's Of Things... - Mustangmike - 04-20-2018

(04-20-2018, 10:34 AM)1969_Mach1 Wrote: Wow!  I knew you guys were "bean counters".  But this is the first time in my life I have heard (or read) the word "cheapskate" used by an accountant. Laughing

Maybe use the word "frugal" next time.  The definition is different and sounds a little better.

I only use fancy words like frugal and cost conscious at work (lol).   Right now our Ford Ranger either needs a new clutch master slave cylinder or clutch, I have not had time to really diagnose it.  But my wife told me stop being a cheapskate and bring it to  the local shop to get fixed.  I insist $95 hour for labor and the shop's mark up on parts is way to expensive. Thumbup

RE: Lot's Of Things... - 1969_Mach1 - 04-21-2018

Well, I don't consider myself a cheapskate.  But, I won't pay shop rates either for car repairs.  In my area rates are up there as well, $100-$130 per hour.  It makes no sense when you see the caliber of todays mechanics.  If it's not under warranty, I do it myself unless it involves machine shop work.  Can be a pain but in the end usually saves a lot of money.

Sounds like it's time to move the Ranger into your garage and do some non-hobby type work.  I will say, if it ends up the trans needs to be removed, don't get "cost conscious", replace both the clutch assembly and slave cylinder so you only have to do it once.