Mach 1 Club
Anyone else? - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Joke Box & Fun Stuff (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+--- Thread: Anyone else? (/showthread.php?tid=6647)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone else? - Mach 1 Club - 12-18-2017

[Image: 25446466_10155452398907961_1537664928729...e=5ACC738B]

RE: Anyone else? - JTS71 Mach1 - 12-18-2017

(12-18-2017, 04:27 AM)Mach 1 Club Wrote: [Image: 25446466_10155452398907961_1537664928729...e=5ACC738B]

I don't have anything quite that radical right now but there were times I'd fire my Car at 4;30 am and see several lights go on up and down the street! I've had several that would "Wake the Dead" , so to speak. I'm planning on building cutouts into the Jacobra, so 650hp of Big Block Ford should wake a few!!! I can't wait!

RE: Anyone else? - Oztrailer - 12-18-2017

Nah mine is fairly quiet  Wink

RE: Anyone else? - Steven Harris - 12-19-2017

No, mine has sat silent for far too long - but ONE DAY!

"I'm planning on building cutouts into the Jacobra, so 650hp of Big Block Ford should wake a few!!! I can't wait!"

So the Jacobra is still in the works!

RE: Anyone else? - Mustangmike - 12-19-2017

Unfortunately, no afterburners or sonic booms in my collection...yet.   I plan on using a slightly louder muffler on the Fairlane compared to my Mustang.   So I am open to recommendations for a good sounding, deep tone, muffler, but one that will still allow me to hear myself think and carry on a conversation when I am driving   [Image: notallthere.gif]

RE: Anyone else? - Mach1FatherFigure - 12-20-2017

Mustang mike - Do you have the mufflers with the deflectors in them?   That allows silenced or 'straight through' operation depending on your needs at the time.

RE: Anyone else? - JTS71 Mach1 - 12-20-2017

I believe M1FF is speaking of "Turbo" Mufflers they came out at the beginning of the 80's. Most of them were to quiet for my liking. I prefer Smitty's / Glasspacks! Now as I'm losing my hearing, they don't seem near as loud as they once did!!! LOL!

Yes Steven I'm back on with the Jacobra! Since I figured out I can replace the heat and Ac/unit. I decided to give it a go! I'll probably have to create a dash with all aftermarket gauges, etc.  We'll see what happens when I get to that point. 

JTS

RE: Anyone else? - Mustangmike - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 06:55 AM)Mach1FatherFigure Wrote: Mustang mike - Do you have the mufflers with the deflectors in them?   That allows silenced or 'straight through' operation depending on your needs at the time.

MIFF, I do not have anything right now and I am not familiar with the deflectors.  Are you referring to turbo mufflers as JTS indicated above?  I do have glass packs on my Mustang but they are amazing quiet at idle but get noticeably louder when you get on it.  People generally hear me coming down the road as most turn their heads to see what's approaching. I am looking for something a little louder at idle for my Fairlane.

RE: Anyone else? - JTS71 Mach1 - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 10:36 AM)Mustangmike Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 06:55 AM)Mach1FatherFigure Wrote: Mustang mike - Do you have the mufflers with the deflectors in them?   That allows silenced or 'straight through' operation depending on your needs at the time.

MIFF, I do not have anything right now and I am not familiar with the deflectors.  Are you referring to turbo mufflers as JTS indicated above?  I do have glass packs on my Mustang but they are amazing quiet at idle but get noticeably louder when you get on it.  People generally hear me coming down the road as most turn their heads to see what's approaching.  I am looking for something a little louder at idle for my Fairlane.
Be absolute sure your Glass packs are straight through, Maramount made a glass pack they called Redline Z which went in then reversed in a Z before exiting, they were quieter then a standard glasspack, which was good for a daily driver/ family car. Not sure if they are still being produced or not?  The other Idea is to run shorter Glasspacks. and larger diameter. Hope it helps. 

JTS

RE: Anyone else? - Mach1FatherFigure - 12-24-2017

The ones that are available here are like a dual unit in one.  There is like a 'choke flap' just inside the inlet that allows the driver to divert the exhaust through the sound absorbing material or allow a straight through with minimal effect.

Good for scaring neighbours or keeping the local traffic police happy!  Drink_to_that