Mach 1 Club
My trailer project - B M B Q - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: **MEMBERS RIDES & TOYS (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+--- Thread: My trailer project - B M B Q (/showthread.php?tid=6222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

My trailer project - B M B Q - Mach1FatherFigure - 05-02-2015

Hi Folks, I guess you have noticed I have a workshop full of BMW's. Well my parts car E38 ('97 735iL) is destined to be cut to a trailer for picnics. As it is complete and undamaged in that area I intend keeping a (smaller) battery in it along with the boot trim. The battery will power lights (to cook by), the soft touch boot latch, interior lights, sound, a small DVD player, 12v sockets and a USB socket to charge mobile phones.
A BBQ will be fitted where the rear seat used to be. It will also retain the tool kit, spare wheel and jack - the original fittings. I am also considering a small 12v compressor.
Has any one experience of a similar project? Maybe I will avoid 'traps for young players' with that help.
BTW the Mustang section of the Veteran Car Club I belong to has a 'Section Trailer' made from a cut down 'vert Mustang, about a '67. 23_30_106

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Steven Harris - 05-03-2015

That sounds like a great project!

I have done many odd builds including several trailers but a 735 has not been one of them.

Keep us updated on the build.

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Mach1FatherFigure - 05-04-2015

And you guys don't have one because?
If you think this is good you should see the SAAB-B-Q. Yes I have pictures, interested?

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Steven Harris - 05-05-2015

(05-04-2015, 06:40 PM)Mach1FatherFigure Wrote: And you guys don't have one because?

I can only give excuses.

The biggest of which is that I have been busy working on my children's cars / projects.

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Mach1FatherFigure - 05-05-2015

Handsome selection of projects. My kids are adults, one very independant and the other has 'borrowed' my MINI sedan. At least she pays the running costs.

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Mach1FatherFigure - 01-15-2017

The concept picture. Two back ends cut and welded to one:

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-15-2017

Is the Trunk / Boot going to open at both ends or just the rear? JTS 71 Mach1

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Steven Harris - 01-20-2017

That will look very nice.

Any progress made?

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - Mach1FatherFigure - 01-23-2017

Both boot (trunk) lids will open. It will be long enough inside to take my shelter for those wonderful sunny days at shows and meetings. When not in use it will store all my picnic gear.
It will feature a compressor and good sound, maybe even the DVD player I have. USB outlets to charge whatever is needed.
The front facing lights will be changed to have the twin element globe holder behind the amber lense, giving a forward facing marker light and turn signal.

The reversing lights will work and the original disc brakes will be used in the over-run system.

The most important progress is getting the welder to start, which should be in about 6 days now.

The 'body' will cost $1.2k and then paint extra. The rest I can do.

RE: My trailer project - B M B Q - JTS71 Mach1 - 01-26-2017

You guys down under think just a little different then we do. But it's definitely a cool project and you sure won't have anyone comming up and saying I've got one just like it! Cool Deal, thinking outside the Box or Boot as it might be! LOL!