Mach 1 Club
Newbie to the herd - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ! (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Newbie to the herd (/showthread.php?tid=6206)

Newbie to the herd - notagt - 04-21-2015

Hello, new guy here. I have a 2003 Mach 1 that I purchase new in September 2003. She was born on June 5th , 2003 and is one of 1595 in DSG. She was stock for first 5 years, after that...well you know how that goes lol. At 129K miles I installed a P1SC with 3 row IC and had it tuned at Kurgans in Braselton GA for 467/435 to rear wheels. I am a diehard Ford man and own 4 total (Ford's). She is a street car that also runs 1/8, 1/4 and road c[/align]ourse events..as you can tell, my pride and joy. Hope to get some good tips from you guys. I live in Alma, GA and appreciate the opportunity to join this group...thanks !!! Pics to follow, learning my way around, saw need 2 post first for a URL??

RE: Newbie to the herd - Steven Harris - 04-21-2015

Welcome.

We gladly welcome anyone with such extensive diehard Ford experience! It will be great to have your experience here with us.

467/435 at the rear wheels is impressive indeed. I love the fact that you run road courses. What are your 1/8th and 1/4 times?

I am looking forward to hearing more of the story and seeing the Mach 1.

Enjoy the site.

RE: Newbie to the herd - notagt - 04-21-2015

Promised pics

[Image: lTrlH8Cl.jpg]

[Image: ZLZhjTkl.jpg]

[Image: DW0qeaIl.jpg]

[Image: QoMnrvUl.jpg]

[Image: wl23cqNl.jpg]

If you notice in the engine pic, the radiator cover is stainless that I sprayed black, well it started peeling, so re stripped and had paint shop shoot in DSG with clearcoat, now I have a Canton coolant rev coming since stocker stands out now..it will be satin black clearcoat with a DSG painted billet cap, valve covers will be done in DSG with Satin black COP covers..thanks for looking.
(04-21-2015, 01:21 AM)Steven Harris Wrote: Welcome.

We gladly welcome anyone with such extensive diehard Ford experience! It will be great to have your experience here with us.

467/435 at the rear wheels is impressive indeed. I love the fact that you run road courses. What are your 1/8th and 1/4 times?

I am looking forward to hearing more of the story and seeing the Mach 1.

Enjoy the site.

Thanks, with 4.10 gears ran 12.0 @ 121 mph in 1/4, 7.6 @91 in 1/8, always cuts a 1.6 60 ft.(5 speed car, just blows tires in 2nd and 3rd) I have UPR U/L with Strange 10 ways in rear and Koni 4 way in front to help setup between venues..I just installed 3.73 to help with traction and keep car in boost (10 lbs)..single with no kids so here is my "Family"

[Image: Jt5PVp5l.jpg]

RE: Newbie to the herd - Mustangmike - 04-21-2015

Welcome to the site...that is one super clean 03 Mach 1 and I like the all upgrades made. I can tell from the pictures the car is well maintained. Thanks for jumping on board with us.

RE: Newbie to the herd - Mach1FatherFigure - 04-25-2015

Welcome!! I can relate completely to any bloke who calls his cars 'his family'. My first wife said it's either the cars or her!! I helped her pack - no hard feelings.

RE: Newbie to the herd - Rsmach1 - 04-27-2015

From one die hard Ford fan to another, Welcome!