Mach 1 Club
70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - Printable Version

+- Mach 1 Club (https://mach1club.com)
+-- Forum: Mach 1 Club Member Area (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: **MEMBERS RIDES & TOYS (https://mach1club.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=219)
+--- Thread: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog (/showthread.php?tid=5105)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - SWPruett - 02-14-2013

Hello all,

I just wanted to take a minute to invite anyone who may be interested to my 1970 Boss 302 build blog. I've owned the car for almost 30 years and I am one of the few owners who is crazy enough to modify and improve my car rather than get hung up in the "restore-it-to-concours-and sell-it-at-Barrett-Jackson" genre.

Anyway, I hope you might find some time to have a look and perhaps find something of interest. Lemme know what you think!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - Steven Harris - 02-14-2013

I have taken an overview tour of your blog page - WOW.

I'd say that with that much rebuild to save the car you have every right to build it your way.

Very nice work and great documentation.

As I said, I took the overview tour so this may have been covered on the blog but what drive-train do you plan to use?

Anyway - for those who come this way I highly recommend you jump on the Night Mission build blog and enjoy the quality craftsmanship that is going on here.

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - SWPruett - 02-14-2013

Thanks very much for the kind words Steven! The car will be powered by a 363-inch "modernized" Boss 302 engine based on the Ford Racing short-deck, big bore Boss block and backed up with a 5-speed trans. I have every intention of wearing the car out before I fall off the perch. Rolleyes

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - BLACK JADE 69 - 02-14-2013

VERY COOL Sign0175 SSig_goodjob Awesome Bravo I AGREE WITH YOU, WHEN IT IS YOUR VEHICLE YOU CAN BUILD IT HOWEVER YOU WANT IT AND DRIVE IT HOWEVER YOU WANT TO ... AND THATS WHAT THESE GREAT AMERICAN CARS WERE BUILT FOR, TO HAVE FUN DRIVING THEM ... Drink_to_that

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - SWPruett - 02-14-2013

I am wondering if I should have posted this thread on the "SHOWCASE & RESTORATION - MEMBERS PROJECTS" board instead? Is it worth moving?

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - SWPruett - 03-01-2014

I have really negelected updating this thread Loser and will try to do a better job keeping my eye on the ball in future! A lot of work has been completed since my last post!

The excitement is building as panels start to take shape (and primer)! Had a small equipment malfunction when shooting the left rear quarter that caused some drama, but we got it fixed and the final result looks good!

http://1970boss302.blogspot.com/2014/02/left-rear-quarter-in-primer.html

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - Mustangmike - 03-01-2014

Hi..I have visited your website several times before to admire your work. As an amature restorer, I have followed some of your restoration work as a guide for my own project. Thank you for documenting your restoration not only for your own diary but for guys like me who are do it yourselfers...Kudos to you!

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - Steven Harris - 03-01-2014

Great update - thank you!

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - SWPruett - 03-03-2014

(03-01-2014, 04:56 AM)Mustangmike Wrote: Hi..I have visited your website several times before to admire your work. As an amature restorer, I have followed some of your restoration work as a guide for my own project. Thank you for documenting your restoration not only for your own diary but for guys like me who are do it yourselfers...Kudos to you!

Many, many thanks and I am thrilled to hear that you have found some of the info I have posted on the blog of use for your project too! That is the greatest reward for sharing the ups and downs of a restoration! Keep the hammer down! SSig_goodjob

RE: 70 Boss 302 - Night Mission build blog - Mustangmike - 03-04-2014

(03-03-2014, 11:26 PM)SWPruett Wrote:
(03-01-2014, 04:56 AM)Mustangmike Wrote: Hi..I have visited your website several times before to admire your work. As an amature restorer, I have followed some of your restoration work as a guide for my own project. Thank you for documenting your restoration not only for your own diary but for guys like me who are do it yourselfers...Kudos to you!

Many, many thanks and I am thrilled to hear that you have found some of the info I have posted on the blog of use for your project too! That is the greatest reward for sharing the ups and downs of a restoration! Keep the hammer down! SSig_goodjob

Absolutely useful...the only thing I regret about my about my project so far is the lack of proper space and no heat to carry out the restoration. I would love to have a rotisserie but it won't work in my garage, too small. If you look at some of my pictures of my 66 restoration, you will see I kind of complete one section at a time then move along.